fourty one

It wouldn't be hard to find Hermione, since she knew where to find her at most times: Hagrid's, the library, or the Great Hall.

As she walked down the hillside to Hagrid's hut, she looked over the once again green grass that had faded during the war, and smiled to herself. She had never been as close to Hagrid as Harry, Ron, and Hermione were, but Hagrid was always there for her, and the two of them had many tea times and mini lunches together.

She knocked on the wooden door, and heard loud shuffling before the door was opened, and Hagrid towered above her, looking confused. His eyes met her and his features switched to pure shock, before overwhelming joy, and he placed a hand on her upper back, pulling her in to an unexpected hug.

"Aurora McGonagall, it's good to see you, my girl." He said with a bellowing laugh, and she smiled as she hugged him back. Maybe they were as close as he was with Harry, Ron, and Hermione, and she just hadn't quite remembered.

"It's good to see you, Hagrid." Aurora replied, and he pulled away with a smile.

"Aurora?" She heard someone ask, and she could recognize that voice anywhere.

Hagrid backed up from the doorway, and seated at the little table was no other than Hermione, and she looked just as shocked to see her. It was a mixture of shock and anger, because Aurora hadn't written to her in a little over a month.

"Mione, I was just looking for you! I just got here, and-" She began, but was cut off by Hermione jumping up to give her a hug. Hagrid busied himself by tidying the table, and Aurora was tense before hugging her back, finally being able to relax.

"Don't you ever just stop writing me like you did, you had me-" She said as she pulled away, but stopped herself as she looked over Aurora's appearance. She had cleaned herself up, but her skin was paled, she still held those dark under eye circles, and she was far thinner than she last was when Hermione departed.

"Hermione, it's fine, really." Reassured Aurora, squeezing her shoulders gently, but Hermione didn't budge.

"Rory, you... What's happened to you?" She whispers, looking back up to meet her eyes with a hint of sadness swimming through her eyes.

"We need to talk. There's a lot I need to catch you up on." She states, and Hermione furrowed her brows before slowly backing up to sit at the table.

Hagrid looked between the two of them before going to straighten up something else in his hut. He looked like he wanted to stay, but didn't want to be a burden.

"Hagrid, I would like your advice as well, if you would?" Says Aurora, motioning to another free chair, and Hagrid smiled a bit as he sits down, excited to be included.

"Where shall I start?" She asks, and Hermione doesn't even let her think before speaking up.

"Right after I left." She deadpanned, still looking over her frame nervously, and Aurora nodded. She cleared her throat and let out a deep breath, preparing to tell one of the hardest stories she would ever have to tell.

Aurora took them through when she asked Angelina about what Hermione had said, and she blew it off, moving out of the burrow, working with the twins and Angelina, how Fred confessed his love, and how she lied about it, which led to him throwing her out.

She made sure to include important details while excluding private ones, in order for Hermione to fully understand, and she sat there dumbfounded. Hagrid's mouth was slightly open, and he furrowed his brows at Aurora, who picked at the skin around her nails, her gaze towards the floor.