seven

The pair looked at each other with straight faces, before a smirk found it's way to Fred's lips.

"Bloody hell, Aura, I've been wanting to do that for ages." He says, leaning his forehead against hers. Aurora still couldn't comprehend what was happening, so she didn't respond, her mouth gaping.

Fred backed away from her slightly, his hands placed on her wet shoulders. His eyes studied every feature of her face, from the freckles scattered across the bridge of her nose to the way her eyebrows arched nicely.

"You're beautiful." He mumbles, making eye contact with the dumbfounded girl.

"What the hell is happening?" She says lowly, making him chuckle. She tore her eyes away from his, and let them travel to his facial features, before looking over the way his arm muscles pushed against his shirt. Her eyes then shifted to the foggy mirror, and she remembered she was only in a towel.

She jumped backwards, nearly dropping her towel and falling into the shower all in one. Fred laughed at her little performance, and Aurora only looked up at him in embarrassment, her face as red as a tomato, and her arms hastily covering any cleavage.

Choosing to be respectful rather than joking, Fred turns to the door, Aurora no longer in his eyesight. She lets out a breath of relief, but that didn't stop Fred from having his normal personality.

"I truly don't mind the lack of clothing, McGonagall, we can drop the towel and I'd be a very happy man." He says, the smile evident in his tone. Aurora scoffs, slapping the back of his shoulder.

"Where are the others, besides George?" She asks, changing the subject. The lack of warm water and steam in the room was beginning to get to her, and she started to shiver.

"As far as I know, everyone's still asleep. Wild night left them out for awhile." He responds, and Aurora nods in response. She slips around Fred and opens the door, peaking her head out to see if anyone was in the hallway, who could possibly see both her and Fred exiting the bathroom. They'd done it countless times before as friends, but it feels more scandalous now.

When the hallway is clear, and it's so quiet in the burrow that you could hear a pin drop, she fully opened the door, breaking the silence spell. Turning around, she planted a kiss on Fred's nose, making a smile come to his face.

"I'll see you later, Weasley." She says quickly, turning on her heel and leaving the bathroom, nearly running up the stairs. Aurora's mind was racing at everything that just happened, and she didn't know whether she was going to scream in joy or pass out.

When she got to her room, she shut the door behind her and leaned up against it, slowly sliding down to the floor. She stared straight at her wardrobe with her mouth slightly open, recollecting everything that just happened.

A huge part of her was pissed off at Angelina, and she wanted to give her a piece of her mind, but George was going to break things off, and they were both adults, so it didn't matter too much. She would eventually move beyond her feelings of hatred, because she didn't cause any permanent damage. Just a little childish of her, to bring up something that happened years ago, when Aurora was intoxicated and couldn't properly defend herself.

Then her mind shifted to Fred. The feeling of his tongue connected with her own, the feeling of his hand pressed against the back of her head so he could feel more of her, she was swooning at just the thought.

She went over his words in her head, and how he said he didn't want it to be a one time thing. Who was she kidding? She could never end up with Fred, they had too close of a friendship for anything to change between them. She was like a daughter to Molly, and didn't want to upset her in any way that made her get kicked out of the burrow. Her home. She couldn't do anything that would sacrifice her home.

Aurora pulled herself from her thoughts and got herself off the floor, trudging over to her wardrobe to get dressed. She pushed all her thoughts to the back of her mind while she readied herself, and continued on like the events in the bathroom didn't take place.

Hours went by, and everyone eventually woke up, stopping by Aurora's room to check up on her. The group, minus George, found themselves in the living room, soft music playing from a record player in the corner.

"Last night was mostly fun, you have to admit." Chuckled Ron, making Hermione roll her eyes. The two had been quietly conversating for a while, Ron telling Hermione how he had a blast and didn't even feel hungover, and Hermione telling him the night was rough and everything that happened.

They were seated next to each other on the loveseat, while Harry and Ginny took the floor, and Fred and Aurora sat on opposite ends of the couch. Ginny was still half asleep, and Harry enchanted a small toy car, making it float around the room for entertainment.

The silence and peace in the room was comforting, and the friends enjoyed the peace after such an eventful night. That same silence was soon broken after a burst of green light came from the fire place, and George suddenly stood in the middle of the room, gaining the attention of even half asleep Ginny.

"So, how'd it go?" Asks Fred, straightening up on the couch. Aurora remained quiet, wanting to hear George's response before making any sudden moves.

"Oh, just brilliant! I got there and we had a drink together, talked for some time, moved on to other activities..." He said, looking at the floor and smirking, "and then I came back home." He finished. The room was silent, everyone just blinking at the red haired boy.

"Did you not break up with her?" Asks Aurora quietly, and George shot a deep frown in her direction.

"No, of course not. I love the girl. Yes, she made some mistakes, but I'm sure we can move past them." He said, shaking his head at Aurora. She looked a bit taken aback by his response, and was shocked that after the incident last night, he wasn't going to end things.

"Are you mad?" Asks Hermione, slightly raising her voice, "Bloody hell, George, she casted a spell and knocked Aurora out clean!" She exclaimed, making George glare at her.

"Like I said, Mione, she's made some mistakes, but we can move past them. I'll have her over for dinner when mum and dad return, and she can properly apologize." He responds, scoffing and making his way to the kitchen.

"I'm gonna go speak to him." Says Fred, giving Aurora a pointed look before leaving the room in pursuit of his brother. Their hushed voices can be heard, but no words can be made out.

"Blimey...He's lost his mind." Says Harry, shaking his head quietly.

"It's not a big deal," Says Aurora, gaining the attention of the room, "Yeah last night was pretty insane, but she might've been drunk. She can come apologize and I think we should just move past it, like George said. I'm perfectly fine, so I see no issue." She finishes, shrugging her shoulders. Ginny scrunches her eyebrows, and Hermione's lips are drawn into a thin line, but they eventually shrug as well.

"I'm gonna go talk to George, and clear everything up." She says, getting off the couch and walking to the kitchen. The twins are to interested in their own conversation to notice she entered the room, so when she cleared her throat to notify them of her presence, they were pretty startled.

"How long have you been standing there?" Asked Fred, followed up by his brother.

"Never mind. What's up, McGonagall?" He asks cooly, forgetting everything about this morning.

"I just wanted to come and apologize for pushing a break up between you and Ang. I understand things happen when people get drunk, and it was just a fluke. I'd love to have her over for dinner and hear her out for an apology, and we can move past this." She said, and George smiles at her. Fred, on the other hand, looked quite troubled, but he just shook his head.

"I'm glad we're on the same page. She would never intentionally hurt you, she knows how much you mean to me." George replies, coming to give Aurora a hug. Fred left the room and went back to the den, not wanting to hear Aurora give an apology she shouldn't have to give.

It's strange that George was too caught up in defending Angelina that he didn't even think to ask how Aurora was doing, but she just pushed that thought to the back of her head, deeming it as unimportant. He's probably just stressed, like she was.

It's fine.