twenty six

Aurora and Fred awoke to loud voices coming throughout the house, seeing as it's departure day. Aurora squinted while trying to open her eyes, the early morning sun blinding her. Fred groaned beside her, covering his eyes with his arm.

"You two better wake before Mum comes to see!" Shouts Ginny from outside the door, knocking loudly.

"Piss off, Gin!" Yelled Aurora, tossing a pillow at the closed door. She heard Ginny laugh from outside, before her footsteps went towards the stairs, leaving her and Fred in peace once more.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty." Fred said from beside her, his head turning to bury itself in the crook of her neck. She brings her arm up to cup his cheek, rubbing his soft skin with her thumb.

"Good morning, handsome." She whispered back, a smile coming to her face as he pulled her into a hug.

"I don't want to get up." He whined, pulling the blanket over his shoulders. Aurora chuckled at his childlike behavior while sitting up, stretching her upper body while letting out a heavy sigh, not wanting to be awake as early as she is.

"I don't either, but we need to, for Hermione and Ginny." She says, rubbing his arm. He groaned, sitting up with a frown on his face, his eyes still closed.

"Bloody hell, I hate departure day."

Molly piled as many people into the car as possible, but they ended up taking two trips to transport everyone to Kings Cross Station. Arthur, Ginny, Harry, George, and Angelina went on the first trip, and Arthur came back to pick up Molly, Hermione, Ron, Aurora, and Fred, the car packed tightly.

"So are we friends with Angelina now?" Whispered Hermione, who was forced to sit on Ron's lap. Aurora was squeezed into the middle, so Hermione was in close proximity to her, not worrying about Molly or Arthur hearing their conversation.

"Yes, why wouldn't we be? She's a doll." She whispered back, furrowing her brows at her in confusion.

"Since when? The girl stupefied you, and not to be harsh, but I wouldn't befriend someone who intentionally harmed me." She mumbled, rolling her eyes and looking out the window.

"Stupefied me? When?" She asked quietly, tapping on Hermione's shoulder until she turned back around.

"That night we all played truth or dare?" She responded, as if Aurora was dumb.

"I remember playing truth or dare, but Angelina didn't Stupefy me, Mione..." She said, trailing off. Hermione narrowed her eyes at her, feeling just as confused as Aurora was.

"Yes, she did, Aurora. Ever since then things have been awkward between you and her, until last night, I suppose." She said, letting out a scoff before turning away again.

"Hermione, stop turning away from me!" She whispered, swatting at her arm and earning a confused look from Ron. She simply smiled at him, and he smiled back, returning his gaze to the window.

"Aurora, I don't mind you befriending Angelina, but I'm not going to listen to you lie in order to justify her actions." She whisper-yelled, shrugging her shoulders.

"She didn't Stupefy me! I would remember something like that!" Aurora responded, in the same tone Hermione had just used.

"You mean to tell me you don't remember, now?" She asked slowly, furrowing her brows, and Aurora nodded in return, confused as to what she was playing at.

"Aurora, she did. Ask Ron or Fred for that matter." She replied, speaking loud enough for the both of them to hear, but Molly and Arthur tuned into their own conversation, too preoccupied to listen to the people in the backseat.