thirty five

When Fred had prepared Aurora for what to expect, he did not exaggerate when he said they would be busy.

During the war, the shop closed down, and today was the grand reopening of the twins' business, and the entire wizarding population seemed to be buzzing about it. There was a line down Diagon Alley as far as the eye could see, and reporters from The Daily Prophet and The Quibbler were desperate to get a photo of the action. It was utter chaos, and the four of them haven't even opened the doors.

While Angelina and Aurora became flustered as they rushed to prepare, Fred and George worked smoothly and calmly together like the two sides of a DNA strand. They went through this years ago when the shop was first opened, and the raving energy outside actually boosted their own. The twins belonged at their shop, and it was finally time to reopen, and the two of them couldn't be more ready.

"Ready, Fred?" Shouts George from the door, looking up at his brother, who's positioned by the new displays.

"Ready, George." He replies with a huge grin, sticking up his thumb.

His eyes drift to Aurora, who is placed behind the counter along with Angelina, and he gives her a reassuring smile, giving her the same thumbs up that he just sent his brother. Aurora smiles back at him and let's out a deep breath as George pushed open the doors, the shop bursting to life.

Just as soon as they entered the door, the customers rummaged through the new displays and headed straight for the registers. As hard as Aurora imagined it would be, it turned out to be more natural than expected. After the initial shock of the ambush, she fell into a simple routine and her customer service skyrocketed; she felt like a natural.

Fred and George made trips around the place, making sure to stop and chat with every customer they could, and Aurora watched in awe every chance she got. Everyone, no matter the age or gender, beamed after getting a taste of the twins' charm, and it was easy to understand why. They were so naturally verbose, so naturally charismatic, and finally getting to fully see them in their element, instead of just stopping by for a moment like she used to, was amazing.

As well as George, Aurora, and Fred were reacting to the busyness, Angelina could not say the same for herself. While Aurora ran through the long line with ease, and while doing so with a bright smile and a positive attitude, Angelina quickly fell behind and became extremely overwhelmed, and it showed in her work.

It got to the point where even though there were two registers open and available, people automatically piled into Aurora's line, leaving a scowl on Angelina's face as they did so. Aurora was too caught up in her work to notice, but she couldn't help but occasionally glance in Angelina's direction, a sly smirk on her face.

Hours went by and the energy never diminished, meaning everyone was becoming exhausted. Angelina eventually left her register completely to move on to other things, so Aurora got the full swing of customers ready to buy their new products. As much as she enjoyed talking to everyone and enjoy a few laughs with the consumers, it was becoming increasingly difficult to maintain a happy mood.

Fred has been busy doing his own thing, so he hadn't been able to stop and talk to Aurora since their shift began, and he was dying to do just that. All he could do was look her way while she put money in the register, or listen to her laugh from across the shop, and he just wanted to know how she was doing. He continued his loops around the shop, helping everyone find what they're looking for, while still managing to become entranced by Aurora, and how her fragile frame looked in the beautiful purple top, and how her trousers fit just at the curve of her waist. Fred adored her, and truly believed she was the most beautiful girl in the world, and he loved her. He truly loved the beautiful girl behind his register.