Bringing Her Home

all of the injured team members were cleared to fly, and they did so. alex sat in a chair sleeping, jj was sitting next to her, and derek was on a couch with his foot propped up. the team was mostly quiet, letting the injured members sleep. it was late when they arrived back in virginia.

alex was awake, looking at dave and biting her lip nervously. "come on alex, let's go." he said, kindly. alex got up slowly and walked to his car painstakingly slow. wincing with each step. "do you want help....?" he asked her.
"i'm fine rossi." she spat, almost angrily.
rossi furrowed his eyebrows at this sudden mood change. he brushed it off and got into the car, driving to his mansion.

when they got to dave's house it was late, and dave knew alex was in pain and needed to rest. he got out of the car and walked to the passenger side where she was sitting. he opened the door and swiftly picked her up, before she could argue. she wanted to say something, maybe thank him, or apologize for snapping at him, or yell at him to put her down but she melted into his strong arms. she wrapped her arms around his neck as he carried her inside. he set her on his bed and went outside to bring his bags inside. she didn't know how she felt about being in his house, soon to sleep in his bed.

she didn't have any clothes at his house, so he gave her one of his shirts to sleep in. he would drive to her house the next day and get clothes for her, but it was too late now. he turned the lights off and the bedside lamp on and he slowly began to help her take off the sweatshirt that the hospital sent her home in. "dave, please you don't need to-" he cut her off "alex i know. it's ok i promise. i agreed to take care of you. let me help"
with that he continued to remove her sweatshirt, he respectively left her bra on and put his shirt on her. he then took off her jeans, covered her with the blankets and turned off the lights. he then left, so she could sleep. he told her that he would be sleeping in the guest room, just down the hall if she needed anything. but alex couldn't sleep now, she wanted dave. the more she thought about it, the more she wanted him with her.  he came back almost 10 minutes later to check on her and see if she needed anything. "do you need anything before i go?" he asked. alex bit her lip nervously "um yeah. can you lay with me?" she asked, immediately feeling childish, she looked down feeling embarrassed. Dave lifted her chin, so she was looking at him. "of course sweetheart, whatever you want." he then walked to the other side of the bed and got in. "sweetheart." the name rang in alex's ears. her heart beat faster as she scooted closer towards him. he wrapped his arms protectively around her. alex soon fell asleep, wishing she would never have to leave dave's arms.