Sneaky

"are you guys okay?" hotch asked when they came back. they all nodded silently. "care to tell us what you were doing?" reid chimed in.
jj had tears running down her face, so obviously they were hiding something. "we just want to start off by saying that we're sorry. and we were just trying to have some fun but....." jj trailed off and emily picked it up. "we shouldn't have invaded your privacy like this. we just wanted have a little fun and we can't even begin to apologize for what we did. we cant even comprehend what happened and how hard this is for you. but we're really sorry and we didn't mean too." emily said, looking at the floor, tears falling slowly down her face.
reid and hotch exchanged confused looks.

alex stared at the ground, she knew what they had found and who they were calling just minutes earlier. tears pricked in her eyes, she knew they didn't mean too, but she didn't want to have to tell the team what happened. alex turned away from the team, looking only at dave. he didn't care what the team saw now, alex needed comfort. he gently set his hand on her back, silently telling her it was okay. he rubbed her back slowly, "it's okay alex." he said quietly. hotch and reid looked more confused than ever. alex took a shaky breath "last night, i went home for the first time since i was shot." she began. "my husband, john started drinking a lot once my son ethan died. he blamed me for ethans death and last night he was at his worst. he gave me a concussion, a broken cheek bone and a fractured shoulder. last night i officially filed for divorce regarding these injuries. that's why you found those hospital records when you called penelope just now." she said, finishing. everyone on the team looked at her dumbfounded. nobody but dave even knew about ethan. "he had an undiagnosed neurological disease. he died when he was 9." she said softly. jj and emily had steady tears flowing down their faces now. reid, hotch, and morgan were silent, they felt horrible for alex.
alex stood up and walked to the bathroom. dave got up quickly and followed her. she had left the door unlocked and he walked in to see her crying quietly. he held her in his arms,"i know that was hard. you were so strong, good job alex." he whispered to her. she melted into his arms, quickly composing herself. they walked out of the bathroom together, dave kept his arm around her waist and they sat down together. "alex. as your unit chief i'm required to give you 4 personal days off." hotch said.
alex nodded, before laying her head on dave's shoulder and falling asleep.

emily pov:
i cant believe we did that to her. i feel horrible for everything she endured and it makes it so much worse the way we invaded her privacy like that. but her and dave are just so cute together. they totally have chemistry even if they just brush it off as being "close friends."
"i want to do something to make it up to her." i whispered to jj.
"me too em. i feel so bad." she said wiping away her tears.
i grabbed her hand, squeezing it. silently telling her it would be okay.
i looked to my right and across from jj and i, was rossi and alex. he had his arm around her waist, and her head was on his shoulder. she was asleep and he was just looking at her, almost admiring her it seemed like.
"jj look." i whispered.
she looked up and saw them together. she smiled up at me and pulled out her phone. quickly taking a picture. "he's gonna kill you." i said giggling.