Talking

when the jet landed, nobody said a word. alex and rossi got up, his hand on her lower back, leading her out. before they got into rossi's car, emily and jj walked over. "please call us if you ever need anything." they said. "since we know your secret, we wanted to show you ours." emily said. alex looked at them confused, jj and emily kissed eachother slowly. "i'm really happy for you guys." alex said smiling. "i forgive you. it's okay." she said. before pulling them both into a hug.

she got into dave's car. "what was that about?" he asked her. "they just wanted to apologize." alex said softly. "and their dating." she said looking up at him. "i always knew they would." dave said chuckling.  the rest of the ride was silent, when they got to dave's house alex unpacked her bag. "alright david. how many more days can i stay before you kick me out. i'll start looking for apartments in the area tomorrow." alex said. she knew she couldn't stay at dave's forever, sure she was pretty sure she was in love with him. but she couldn't quite tell if he felt the same way.  he took a deep breath before walking over to her and sitting down with her on the bed. "alex. i want you to move in with me." he said.
alex's eyes widened.
"i know this, whatever this is, is moving quickly, but-" he was cut off.
"that's the answer i was hoping for." she said blushing profusely.
he smiled,pulling her into bed with him and kissing the top of her head. dave fell asleep with alex's head on his chest and his arms wrapped around her waist.

dave's phone rang, he hoped it didn't wake up alex. he slowly got out of bed, untangling himself from her and trying not to disturb her. he walked downstairs answering the phone, he sat on the couch downstairs, talking to hotch. "hey dave. we're all wondering about alex, and i know this probably isn't a great time but we have a case."
"she'll be alright. do you want me to wake her up and we can come in for the case?"
"wake her up?" hotch asked skeptically. "she's at your house?" he asked.
"yes aaron," rossi said rolling his eyes, "she's at my house."
"ok good. that will make saying this easier." hotch said. "alex has had a hell of a month and like i said on the jet, i'm giving her 4 mandatory personal days off. she will not be working this case." rossi sighed. this really was for the best but he didn't know if he could leave alex alone. "ok i'll let her know. thanks aaron." with that he hung up.

ALEX POV:
i felt dave get out of bed after his phone ringing woke me up. i was hoping he would only be gone for a few minutes, but 15 minutes went by and dave wasn't back. "maybe we have a case" i thought. i should go check. i walked down the stairs and saw dave sitting on the couch looking kind of stressed. "hey." i said quietly.

dave looked at her "hey, alex what are you doing up? you should be asleep."
"you left and i didn't know why so i had to come check..... what's up?" dave sighed and said "well we have a case, but hotch was for real when he said he wants you to stay off of this one. " he said.
"but you have to go?" alex said with tears forming in her eyes. "hey, hey don't cry sweetheart. it'll be ok." he said. alex walked over to the couch and laid down, with her head on dave's lap. "when do you have to leave?" she asked quietly. "i'll leave in the morning." he answered. "but you need to sleep, alex." he said seriously. she curled up next to dave and slowly fell asleep.