It's just everything

(Jordan's pov)

*Time skip to 2019 world cup* (the squad and the results aren't gonna be the real ones)

"I can't believe I'm actually gonna be at the world cup." Leah said as she leaned her head against the plane window.

"You've worked hard for this, it's what you deserve." I told her, resulting in Leah moving her head to my shoulder.

We stayed like that the whole flight over to France, Leah had fallen asleep and Jodi, Toni and Alex who were sitting in front of us kept looking back and teasing me, which was actually funny.

"We're here." I told Leah, as the plane landed in the Nice airport.

She slowly opened her eyes up and looked out the window. She turned around and looked at me before nuzzling her head against my collarbone.

The whole team walked off the plane chatting to each other. It was a few of the girls first world cup so they were ecstatic about it. Others had already been to the world cup before but in reality we were just as ecstatic as them.

We got on the bus that was going to drive us to our hotel, which was about 20 minutes from the airport.

As we arrived Phil called out the room numbers and who were sleeping in the rooms. Leah was called with Keira, of course and Me and Lucy were staying together on the same floor as us, just about 50 rooms apart.

We walked off the bus and took our suitcases and bags from the driver before we all headed to our rooms, to leave our stuff since we had a meeting in a few minutes.

Not long after we were all sat around listening to Phil talk about his expectations for this tournament, what our plan is going to be and all the usuals before he lets us go and rest for the afternoon.

I was laying down in my bed, for about 20 minutes when somebody knocked on the door loudly and repeatedly. I got up and walked over to the door. "I'm coming!" I shouted as I opened the door.

"It's Leah. She's having a panic attack or something." Kiera said out of breath.

I took the key out of Keira's hand and ran to their room not wanting to take a second too long. I barged in the room and looked around, but I couldn't see Leah. I walked over to the bathroom and gently opened it to find Leah in a ball against the wall.

I stepped in, and closed the door behind me before sitting down beside Leah. I took her hand and placed it above my heart and talked her through a breathing pattern as she started to calm down.

As her breathing went back to normal she looked at me and just started balling her eyes out. Not knowing what had caused it I just put my arm around her and pulled her against me. "What happened?" I asked her quietly.

"I- I don't know." She told me as I wiped a tear from her face.

"I promise you I'm not going anywhere okay. I got you, you can trust me." I told her.

"It's just everything Jordan. I'm stressed about the tournament, France was me and Michaels dream city. My parents are slowly getting older and I don't know how much more time I'll have with them. My mind is just a mess right now." She told me as she lifted her head up.

"Hey it's okay to feel all these feelings. You've got to know you're here for a reason, you were chosen because Phil believes in you, everybody does. Michael is looking down at you right now smiling because you finally got to visit this place, he would've wanted you to be happy." I told her as I looked into her eyes.

"I know but each time I feel myself getting happy my mind just thinks about something bad." She told me.

"Your mind is the scariest place in this world. But I promise you no matter what that I'm gonna be there to make that brain of yours a bit brighter." I told her.

She gave me a half smile as she leaned into my embrace, neither of us wanting to move from where we were.

"I'm just coming in to check everythings okay." Keira said as she opened the door slightly and looked down at us. "Well everything seems more than okay." She said as she sat down between Leah's legs. "You had me worried." Kiera said to her best friend.

"I'm sorry, just got a lot on my mind." Leah told Keira as the door opened again.

"Nobody told me we had a family reunion!" Lucy said as she sat down beside Keira making us all laugh.

After we sat there for a bit more we all got up. Keira and Lucy sat on the couch and played fifa while I sat on the bed with Leah between my legs.

It didn't take long for her to fall asleep on top of me, leaving me stuck as Keira and Lucy went down for dinner with the rest of the girls. I could have woken Leah up, but I was fine staying there with her in silence.

"Hey quiet down. they're gonna wake up." I heard a voice that seemed to be Stephs call making me open my eyes slightly.

I rubbed my eyes to find most of the girls from the squad in the room and a few of them looking at me and Leah. "You creeps." I whispered under my breath as I stretched my arms.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked.

"Team bonding!" Alex said excitedly.

"And there wasn't any other room to have team bonding in?" I asked, a bit annoyed.

"Okay you're grumpy when you wake up." Alex said as I felt Leah move slightly.

"What did I miss?" She asked as she looked around the room.

"Nothing much really, but you're just up in time for team bonding!" Jill said as Leah pulled herself up.

Everybody started to calm down and sit around chatting and playing heads up, getting a laugh out of the girls doing absolute shit.

"A word to describe Jordan with." Keira told Leah.

"Small, short." "Yes!"

"The first thing you define me with is small and short, great." I joked, making a few girls laugh.

The night went on and as it got later people started leaving. Lucy and I said bye to Keira and Leah who were the last to leave before we laid down on our beds.

"Hey, Jords, how did you know what to do when Leah had the panic attack?" Lucy asked me.

"After Michael died she went through a rough patch and one day she ran out of training beforehand. As all the team got into the changing room she was sitting in a ball trying to catch her breath. I don't know how I knew what to do the first time. I probably didn't know what I was doing, but it worked and ever since then when she has a panic attack I know what to do." I explained to Lucy.

"Keira always tells me how she's never seen Leah this happy before. Like I know you've been together for 3 years now, but still after all that time. And I'm not one to realize these things, but I can see how happy she makes you, and I'm glad you found your person." Lucy told me, making me blush a bit.

"I've never seen this sentimental side of you Lucy!" I said lightening up the mood, as she threw a pillow at me in response.

"I think it's time to go to bed for both of us." Lucy said as she turned the lights off.

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight." And with that the lights were off leaving me smiling at the dark about Leah. I couldn't understand how she could still after all this time make me feel like a teenager falling in love for the first time.