Winter wonderland

(Leah's pov)

The sun shined through the bottom of my window, where the blind didn't reach waking me up. I stretched my arms out as I yawned, before putting my hands inside Jordan's t-shirt, scratching her back up and down.

As she opened her eyes, she pulled her hands up from beside her sleepily putting them on my cheeks, caressing them gently.

"Goodmorning, bubba." I told her, giving her a kiss on her head.

"Goodmorning." She answered back, without moving a single muscle in her body.

"Are you not gonna get out of bed today or what?" I asked her sarcastically.

"Give me two more minutes." She said before putting her head against my collarbone.

"Okay, okay two more minutes, just because you're cute." I told her, as I felt her smile against my skin.

After I finally convinced Jordan to get up we went downstairs to the kitchen to have breakfast. Her parents were already awake waiting for us.

"Hi mum!" She said, giving her mother a hug, since she missed her yesterday. "Mum, you know Leah, well she's my girlfriend now." I told her.

"How was the trip over? Was it quiet?" She asked Jordan as Jordan took two bowls out and filled them with porridge and milk.

"Yeah, there was barely any traffic actually." She explained placing the bowl in front of me before sitting with her for breakfast.

"What do you have planned for today?"

"Well we're here for about 4 or 5 days so I thought I would take Leah to the North York Moors national park this morning and play around in the snow and then I might go over and visit some of my friends in the afternoon." Jordan told her.

"That sounds nice, your father and I are going for a walk, so we'll see you when you get back from the park." Her mum told us before giving both me and Jordan a kiss on the head.

As they closed the door after they left the house I gently lowered my head until it was on Jordan's shoulder. We just sat there eating our porridge in each other's company before we got the stuff ready to head to the national park.

"I've got the snow gloves, the hats, the mountain boots and that's it right?" Jordan asked as she looked through the boot of the car.

"I think so, I mean the rest of the things we've got on us. Wait!" I said and disappeared into the house and up to our room before heading outside again. "I have this old tape recorder and I wanted to keep our memories here." I told her, putting it in the boot.

"I like the idea. But we better get going or we won't be having any memories to record." Jordan said as she closed the boot and hopped in the car.

"Thanks for always taking me places, I know you know how much I like to explore." I told Jordan wrapping my arms around hers to give her a hug.

"You're my little explorer aren't you! I'm just playing, I enjoy going places with you. I feel like a little kid again. It's really nice." Jordan told me before she pulled away from the house. "Well here we go!" She said as she turned the music on.

The drive there went by quick enough, and before we knew it we were parked in this town car park. We got out of the car and picked up the stuff we had in the boot before heading out to the actual park.

The whole place was white, full of snow, not a person in sight. "I know a path not many people walk through, just the cyclists go that way, but they can't go now since it's full of snow." She said before walking forward.

We walked for a good hour before we reached this plain on top of the hill, where there was a place we could sit down without snow over it.

I took my phone out to check the time to find a bunch of messages from the girls in Arsenal sending pictures of where they were at this christmas. Lia Walti sent a picture of her skiing, Lisa sent a photo of viv wrapped up in a blanket watching tv. So I decided we should send a picture too.

"Come here, I'm sending the girls a picture of us in the snow." I told Jordan to put my arm around her.

I took the picture of the view behind us while we smiled into the camera and sent it to the group.

Arsenal ⚽️🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Lisa: Where's that place?

Kim: Wow! Stunning.

Katie: Weren't you staying at your
parents this christmas?

Travelling doesn't hurt anybody's
soul.

Katie: Next thing I know they'll be
together.

Jordan: Shut up and go back to
your family dinner won't ya?

"I don't know how Katie does it but she always ends up annoying me, but like in a funny way." Jordan said as she put her phone away.

"It's been a year to remember!" I said as I looked around.

"It has been really. Through all the ups and downs it's had. And luckily for me I had you with me through it all." Jordan said putting her head against my arm.

"I wanna tell them." I jumped after her words.

"Tell who what?" she asked confused.

"The girls, I wanna tell them about us. They're irritating sometimes, but I don't wanna act like we aren't together around them." I explained.

"Okay sure, can we do it tomorrow though. I wanna enjoy today without my phone being blown up by them." Jordan said as she got up and threw me a snowball.

As soon as the snowball hit me I was already getting a snowball and throwing it back at Jordan. I slowly got closer to her as we threw snowballs at each other.

And then I took the exact moment to tackle her to the ground as we both rolled down the snowy hill. "You'll kill both of us one day." Jordan said as we came to a stop.

"I might kill you before I get the chance to kill both of us at the same time." I joked, which made her hit me in the arm.

We walked around the place for a while more, taking photos and videos while the morning went by. It was about 2 pm when we got back to the car.

"It was cold out there!" Jordan said as she put the heat on.

"We've got to come here next year. It's... It's - I don't know, just perfect." I told her, not finding the words to express the place we had just come back from.

--------

"We're home!" Jordan shouted as she closed the door behind us.

"How was it?" Her mother asked as she came down the stairs.

"Even better than I remembered it to be. I felt like I was 14 again." Jordan said.

"It was breathtaking really. I already told Jordan she has to take me there next year too." I said.

"I'm glad you two enjoyed it. I made some soup for you guys. I suppose you'll be tired after the morning, so if you guys want to have a nap afterwards that's totally fine. I'm meeting some friends for coffee, I won't be back until after the sunset." my mum told us before she left the house.

"Okay, you can totally say no, but after the nap can we go to the football pitch just around the corner?" Jordan asked me as we had our soup.

"Of course, I've been missing football, so sure thing." I told her before going into the bowl of soup.