It's about to actually start now

(Jordan's pov)

A few weeks had gone by since all the team had lunch over at Kim's place. Some friendlies were coming up in the next few weeks which pumped everybody up and kept us motivated.

We had done a few more team bonding days out, like going to the driving range and playing golf, having a few drinks and going on a hike between others, which really made me feel like the team was really going great.

It was early Friday morning, the day before our first friendly of the season. I got out of bed and went into the kitchen when I checked the time to realize I was awake before Leah, which never really happened.

I decided I would be nice to her, and get her breakfast and bring it into her room for a change since she was always the one making breakfast for me.

I make a smoothie bowl and put some granola, chia seeds and some cut up pieces of fruit before putting it on a tray and making some coffee to go with it.

"Good morning." I said when I opened her door and walked in with her breakfast.

She rubbed her eyes, since she was still half asleep when she realized what I was bringing into her.

"Oh my god Jordan! You didn't have to make anything for me." She said pulling herself up into a sitting position.

"I thought why not change it up since you're always the one making breakfast, so whoala!" I said placing the tray on her lap.

She had a bite before her face lit up. "It's delicious, I should sleep in more often" She said which made us both giggle.

"I'm gonna get dressed for training now, so enjoy your breakfast madam." I said before closing her door behind me when I walked out of her room.

Today's training session was a light one since we had a match tomorrow. So when we finished the morning session we were free for the rest of the day.

I decided I should stay on the pitch for a bit longer and practice some shooting while the rest of the girls headed to the shower apart from Raven who stayed with me shooting some shoots.

"So how is Maeve settling in over in Everton?" I asked her, while we picked up the balls from the back of the net.

"She's doing great. She made great friends with a few of her teammates and now lives with them." Raven told me.

"And how are you two coping not seeing each other?" I asked her.

"It's hard, she says she's doing okay, but it's really hard for me, and the worst is I can feel her slowly drifting away from me since I'm busy all the time and if I'm not busy she is. She's starting to make excuses for why she can't facetime me and stuff and it's really making me worry." She said.

"I'm sorry man, Next time you two are on facetime talk to her about it, let her know it's been worrying you. Talking is the best way out of this, if not you'll be stuck in an endless cycle." I told her.

"You're right. I've got to leave you, I'm going to call her." She said jogging away from the pitch leaving me alone.

I picked the balls up and put them back into the net while I kept one outside doing keepy uppies with it. After a while I decided that should be the end for the day and put the last ball into the net before carrying it to the room with all the gear.

I headed into the changing room which was almost empty, apart from a few bags laying around. I showered and put some clean clothes on before heading out to where the rest of the girls were at.

"We've got a meeting in about an hour, so we're just gonna stay here and talk." Leah told me as I sat down beside her.

We sat around before Joe called us into the "movie room" which was just the biggest room so that's where the whole team met up most of the time.

"Hi girls, thanks for joining us here today. So the preseason is coming to an end in a few weeks so I just wanted to talk to you about what we've been seeing, what we feel like we should work on more, then we'll talk about tomorrow's match and then give you girls what we're expecting from this season. The meeting will last about an hour, so if you guys could silence your phones please and if you have any questions, lift your hand up please." Joe said before passing the slide in the presentation he was standing beside.

"We'll start off with what we've been seeing.." He said before rambling on about, how team bonding was on point, physically, we were all doing great and so on.

He then went on to talk about what we could work on a bit more, which was positioning and not losing the ball in the first quarter of the pitch.

After that he talked about tomorrow's game, the team we were facing and what he expected to come out of the match with before finishing up by giving us a preview of the general expectations as a team.

When he finished the lights slowly turned on and everybody started talking to each other before the doors opened and each one headed back to their place.

We had just finished lunch so me and Leah were cleaning up after us when she got a call from my mum.

Leah: Hi mum!

Amanda: Hi honey, uhm I was just calling to let you know that Jacob just broke his arm. He's fine but so you know because we'll be seeing you tomorrow at the match.

Leah: Oh okay, mum thanks for letting me know, tell Jacob I love him and that both me and Jordan will sign his cast tomorrow for him.

Amanda: Okay honey, I'll see you tomorrow.

Leah: Bye mum.

"My brother broke his hand." She said when she came off the phone as if I didn't listen to the conversation.

"But he's fine right?" I asked her.

"Yeah, he's fine, she just let me know so I wasn't surprised tomorrow when I saw them at the match."

"Oh, okay."

We ended up doing nothing the whole afternoon, just resting for tomorrow's match. After dinner, we headed to bed early around 10.30 so we could get a good night's rest.

How do you feel about the story? I'm trying to make the start last long so I don't get bored later on. If you guys have any ideas about future chapters let me know. And please if you guys feel like anything you see could be better, from grammar to how I express stuff let me know, I'm always down to learn.