Easy target

The first week had gone by smoothly, we had our first match against Scotland on Sunday and we ended up winning 2 - 0, with goals from Ellen and Georgia.

We came out of that match confident and ready for whatever was next, which was Argentina. We played them in two days time, on Friday.

Right now we were all doing different recovery stuff. I was kneeling down in a freezing cold ice bath with Keira, Georgia and Ellie, while we watched some of the other girls do part of their recovery in the big pool.

"It's so cold." Keira said, shivering.

"Get over it! It's not that bad." I told her, splashing some water on her.

"Leah!" She shouted, making everybody turn to look at us.

"Everything okay over there girls?" Steph asked, a bit concerned.

"Yeah, everythings fine, Keira is just being a pain in the ass." I told her.

"How am I the pain in the ass? I didn't splash freezing water on you did I?" She protested.

"Stop whining won't you. It's not that bad." I said as I kneeled down lower. "You see." I told her with a grin on my face.

"You're out of your mind." She whispered so I could barely hear her.

"Okay girls, ice baths done, you guys get into the big pool now." Phil said as Keira rushed out of the tub.

"Mind helping me up." Jordan told me as I walked over to the pool.

I put my hand out and reached for hers as I tried to pull her up from the water. I felt myself unbalancing at the weight of Jordan as I realized what she was doing. But it was too late, I was launched into the pool by a quick pull.

"Jordan!" I shouted as I caught her by her waist and spun her around.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. You were just an easy target." She said.

I shook my head at the words 'easy target' and glanced at Jordan for a split second before putting my hands on her shoulder and pushing her under the water.

I kept her there for about 10 seconds before letting her back out as she gasped for air.

"You're so dramatic, you were under the water for ten seconds." I tell her as she rubs her eyes.

"I know! But I wasn't prepared!" She defended herself, making me laugh.

"Okay girls, each one to their position." Phil said, glancing at me and Jordan.

As we dried off after our pool session was done, the ones that were outside, which included both my group and Jordans, headed inside to do some yoga and stretching.

We laid our matts out side by side in a circle with this man in the middle showing us what to do and how to do it. I was trying to stay serious but my attempt failed as I saw a few of the girls trying to do the position.

They didn't take it too personally since in reality we all looked a bit out of our minds doing the exercises. I was flexible and understood what we had to do fairly easily compared to the rest of the girls.

"I thought this was supposed to be relaxing not stressing." Georgia grunted as a few of the girls agreed.

"I'll get you all coffee afterwards if you guys finish this." I bribed them.

"You're paying?" Georgia asked.

"Of course." I said, making her concentrate on the yoga.

We finished the yoga session and just laid down on our matts. We thanked the instructor before he left.

"Okay so what coffee do you guys want?" I asked them as they all bolted up.

"I want a latte!" Jill shouted as she put her shoes on.

"Okay then, let's go and get you all some coffee." I told them.

"Your total is 17 euros and 60 cents." The barista told me as I handed her a 20 euro bill.

"Keep the change." I told the lady to which she nodded.

I walked over to the girls who were sitting outside taking in the sun.

"Thanks Leah." Georgia told me as she gave me a hug.

"No problem." I said as I looked at everybody sipping on their coffee. "I feel like I'm a mother giving her kids sweets or something." I said, making them giggle lightly.

Suddenly I felt my phone buzz in my back pocket. I pulled it out and turned it on to answer it. It was Lucy Staniforth.

"What's up?" I asked her.

"Where are you guys?" She asked in a panic.

"Having coffee, why? Is everything okay?" I asked Lucy.

"Get everyone back to the hotel, somethings wrong with Millie." She told me before hanging up the phone.

I told them Lucy had called me in a panic and that we had to head back to the hotel, so we quickly gulped down our coffee before speed walking back to the hotel.

"What happened?" Steph asked as she walked in the doors.

"Long story short she fell down the stairs and we think she might have gotten a concussion." Lucy tells us.

"Oh and she probably broke her leg." Rachel says as she passes by us.

"Oh god. We can't leave this place for over half an hour before something happens." Steph says as she rubs her forehead.

"I'll go to the hospital to check on her, and to babysit Rachel while I'm there. You guys relax, I'll keep you updated." Steph told us as she rushed out of the building following Rachel.

We all sat down in the lobby and chatted to make time pass quicker, and thankfully it worked because before we even realized it we were having our dinner.

"I hope it's nothing to serious." I said as I bit into my salad.

"The only thing we can do right now is cross our fingers and wish for he best." Lucy told me.

After we finished dinner we just sat around hoping that Millie would come back in a piece but sadly, Millie ended up coming back from the hospital around 10 pm, with a cast on her leg meaning her tournament was over, which shattered her heart.

She hopped over to theelavator with Rachel directly, not even able to stop to talk to us. "She'll be alright, she just needs sometime alone to process everything." Steph said as she saw our worried faces. "You guys can't do much, so head up to your room and try and rest, we've got a light training session tomorrow morning and then in two days a match against Argentina."

We all listened to Steph and walked to our rooms. Keira had a shower first while I sorted through my pile of clothes to find what I needed for tomorrow. When she came out I went in and had a shower before going to bed.

Been working on another story, and have lowkey lost motivation in writting for this story, but I'll try and keep updating, probably less often and not such good chapters, sorry. But thanks for all the support so far, love you all.