No good at school

(Jordan pov)

After we showered and got our tracksuits on we headed over to the lounge where the girls were sitting, well some of them were sitting others were playing ping pong and other stuff.

I decided to join in on the fun and play some ping pong. So I waited for my turn and then I was up against Viv, who was known as the ping pong champion.

I really tried my hardest to beat her and I got really close to it but I ended up losing 4-6. I was competitive so I didn't like that I had lost but at the same time that was the best result anybody had ever had in a serious ping pong match against her.

"Did you see that?" I asked Leah. "I might not be the tallest or the strongest but I'm the second best ping pong player." I told her sitting down beside her.

"Oh sure you are luv." She laughed.

"Is anybody up for a coffee trip to starbucks?" I asked after a bit of silence.

"Yeah, sure." Beth said getting up from the couch.

We left the lounge room and walked out of the training grounds, the Starbucks was a five minute walk away so we left the car in the car park.

"This season is gonna be our year, I just have a feeling." Beth said.

"I told Leah the same a few days ago!" I said giving her a push.

"Great minds think alike!"

"You know what I also thought about. I feel like we should do a team game day or like afternoon in somebody's house. Like we did last year with all the games. That was so fun."

"Oh my god yes! That day was such a blast." Beth said before we walked into the starbucks.

After we ordered we decided we might as well head back to the training grounds directly instead of sitting around in the corner of a full coffee shop.

"So how are you and Dan doing?" I asked.

"I don't know... It's difficult. I aint confident or comfortable in my skin, like she's never had to come out everybody always just knew. And nobody knows about me apart from you guys. Like we're fine when we're alone, but as soon as we're out of the house it's weird, because if a camera captures the wrong moment or something you know?"

"I see where you're coming from. Have you told Dan about this, like why it's different out of the house, cause she could also understand this in another way of like you being embarrassed about her or something, and we don't want that." I told her.

"I haven't talked to her about it actually, but I see where you're coming from and I feel like I should talk to her about it as soon as possible, so she's not worried about absolutely the wrong thing."

"And you, you just go with the flow and vibe, life's short enough as it is, don't worry about the small things." I told her as we walked into the training grounds.

Beth went over to Dan and both of them headed out of the room which most of the girls where at, to the changing room, where nobody was at, for some privacy.

I looked around and I couldn't see Leah anywhere so I went into a few different rooms until I finally found her with Raven helping her with some school work in the meeting room.

"What are you girls up to?" I asked, pulling a seat over beside Raven.

"Well, I've got some homework I didn't really understand and she found me here so she came in to help me." Raven said.

"What is it about?" I asked.

"Biology and some chemical imbalances and stuff." Leah said.

"I was never good at school so I can't help you much with that, but I'll keep you two company." I said putting my feet up on the table.

"Why weren't you good? Are you just not very smart or didn't like it at all?" Leah asked me, since we never really talked about school that much.

"I mean, school wasn't somewhere where I felt safe and comfortable so I never made an effort at learning and then by the time I got to college I was fucking dumm as shit and I felt really bad so I dropped out." I paused. "I used to get bullied because of how I dressed and how shy I was and stuff and some teachers even bullied me. That was the worst."

"Shit that's fucked up." Leah said.

"I didn't have an easy school life either, but not because of my classmates, more because of the teacher, principal and my mum. I was always treated as less because of my sexuality and how I dressed. But my friends alway helped me and my brother out." Raven said, while she wrote some information about what she had homework down.

"That's fucked up, like people aren't any less than another because of no reason. And as adults they should have been teaching the kids that, not the other way around." Leah said before we were interrupted by Kim opening the door.

"We've decided to have lunch together this saturday, and I thought I would just let you all know. Oh and most of us are heading home for lunch before the afternoon session." She said before closing the door again.

"Well we might as well head home too, come on, come to our place and we can have lunch, the three of us together. It must be lonely living alone." Leah said, playfully grabbing both me and Ravens neck.

Let me know if you want me to include any ships or people into the storyline. I've written the next 10 chapters or so already so don't get mad at me if they don't appear directly after you asked me to include them.