Finally we're home!

(Leah's pov)

I sat down on the couch after I had brought the tray of tea and biscuits into where me and Dan were seated watching the match.

The covarege had started a while back, but neither of us paid much attention to it and talked for what that lasted which was about 30 minutes.

But as soon as we saw both teams walking out of the tunnel we sat looking towards the tv and concentrated on the game. Beth and Jordan walked out one after the other as we both cheered our teammates on.

The referee blew her whistle meaning the game had started...

The first 20 minutes of the match were a bit scattered with both teams wanting to get a hold of the ball and keep possession. A few players stood out while that period of time went by, since only a few people decided to risk and dribble.

As the minutes went on the game started getting some rhythm into it, both teams getting chances to score goals but neither of them actually scoring goals.

The first half came to an end with a nil all result. I got up and brought the tray we had in front of us out to the kitchen since we had already emptied it.

"Want more coffee?" I shouted at Dan from the kitchen.

"No thanks! Water is fine for me." She answered while I got a glass and filled it with water for her.

"It's a nice match to see." Dan said as I handed her the glass of water.

"It is! Both teams are really physical and technical at the same time making it a great battle."

"Let's cross our fingers that our girls win." Dan said as they walked onto the pitch again.

The referee blew her whistle signaling the second half to begin. It takes England about 5 minutes to settle down with the ball before they get a chance.

Beth ran down the wing and crossed the ball in, it floated above the defenders heads landing right on Jordan't boot. She barely just touches it before it goes into the back of the net.

"Get in!" I shout as I jump up and give Dan a hug. "Yes Jordan!" I repeated, still excited the lionesses were leading.

A few changes are made in the lionesses making Keira come into the pitch. "That's my best mate." I tell Dan who just smiles at me.

The game goes on and the end of the match is approaching. You can see the French girls getting impatient making stupied fouls and making everybody hurry.

Minute 87 hit, the Lionesses were up 0 - 1. Jordan had the ball on her feet while she did a one two with Keira but as she was gonna get the ball one of the french players tackled her making her fall to the ground.

"Get up!" I shouted as soon as she fell down, but she didn't

She laid there for a bit while the medic checked her hip which crashed against the other player's knee. When she finally got up I could see she was in a bit of pane as she limped off to the sideline.

"Fuck!" I said under my breath.

The match came to an end after 5 minutes. We watched the girls shake hands before we got up, tidied the sitting room and drove over to where Viv, Lisa and Jill lived.

"Did you guys watch the match?" I asked them as me and Dan walked in.

"Yeah, it was a great match, let's just cross our fingers that Jordan's fine." Lisa said

"Well we'll know now." I say as I pull out my phone to answer Jordan.

Me: Hey! Are you okay? We're all worried about you.

Jordan: Who is we?

Me: Well right now Lisa, Viv, Jill and Dan.

Jordan: Oh, hi girls.

All of them: Hi!

Lisa: Are you okay? You took a pretty bad knock.

Jordan: I think it seemed worse than it is from there guys. I'm fine, don't worry about it I just got a bruise on my hip.

Me: Thank god. Keep me updated on the flights and stuff, I'll let you go and celebrate with the girls.

We said goodbye before we all sat down in Lisa, Viv and Jill's kitchen having an afternoon brunch while we discussed what our meal would be called.

"It's a mix between lunch and dinner so linear or dunch." Jill says.

"Dunch sounds like dutch so that's what we're having we're having a dunch."

"Guys, it's called dinner and tea over here." Beth said.

"Well what ideas do you have with dinner and tea?" Jill asked. "Dintea? Or Teanner?"

"We'll stick to Dunch, neither of them sound good." Beth says in surrender.

"Dan! We're gonna be late!" I shouted from the entrance.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" She shouts back at me before reaching me.

We drove to the airport in a bit of a rush, Dan looking in the small mirror in the car while I stressed about going over the speed limit.

"Next time I'm going on my own, and if I get a ticket you're paying for it." I told her as we slowed down entering the airport car park.

"We're here now, and we're on time." Dan said as she got out of the car.

We walked up to where the girls were coming out from as we waited for them to actually come out.

After a few minutes the first few people started coming out from there. As me and Dan both looked closely to see if Jordan or Beth came through the doors we finally saw them.

They speed walked over to us before giving us a big hug. "I've missed you." I whispered into Jordan's ear.

"I missed you too." She said before she let go of me and went over to give Dan a hug.

Now the four of us sitting in the car we started talking about the match, how Jordan hip was and just catching up on everything we had missed in the last week.

As I parked the car in our driveway Jordan opened her eyes slowly. "Finally we're home!" She said before letting out a small yawn which made me laugh.

"It's nice to have you back, the place was a bit lonely without you." I told her.

"Now you've got more reasons to keep working, so you get in the England squad and don't feel lonely back here." She said, making me nod my head.

"I suppose you're right. But right now the only motivation I have is to sleep." I said, making Jordan giggle.

Thanks for reading, let me know what you think about it so far, I'd greatly appreciate it if you guys voted.