Please don't leave

(Leah's pov)

It was the Tuesday after the party in Dan and Beth's house. I passed by the next morning to help them clean while Jordan slept for a bit more which she greatly appreciated.

Me and Jordan have both kept our distance since that night. Both of us were scared to take our feelings on. Well I supposed that was why she was keeping her distance, because I couldn't figure out any other reason.

(Jordan's pov)

We had finished the last training session for that day and we were on our way back to the house Leah in the driver's seat.

"Where are we going?" I asked her as she took a weird turn.

"It's a surprise." She told me.

"A surprise... Where are we going, where are we going, where are we going, where are we going, where are we going." I repeated myself over and over again.

"Stop! Trust me please, I'm taking you somewhere." She said when she got annoyed by my energy.

"Okay, I'll trust you in this one." I said as I calmed down and looked out the window trying to figure out where we were going.

Half an hour later I felt the car stop. Leah had blindfolded me so I wouldn't see where I was for the last 10 minutes or so.

"We're here." She said enthusiastically.

"Can I take the blindfold off now?" I asked.

"Yes, but you've got to promise me something."

"Sure, what is it?" I asked, wanting to take the blindfold off already.

"Please don't leave." She said her voice cracking at the end.

I took my blindfold off to see Leah looking at me, her eyes watery. "I promise." I said tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear before giving her a hug. "I'm not going anywhere, not without you." I reassured her.

We stepped out of the car, I had yet to acknowledge where we were but we were in this park, 30 minutes away from the training pitch so I had no idea where we were.

I followed beside Leah as she took me through the park. I supposed it was in her hometown that was 30 minutes away.

The park was beautiful, the grass was green, under the small leaves that were scattered around. There was a lake to the right of us, it looked lifeless it was so still but yet so calming.

We followed the path for a good 10 minutes, silent, taking in the beautiful day. Until Leah stood off it and went into the woods. We walked over fallen branches and under big tree trunks until Leah stopped.

She climbed up a tree before helping me up. "Wow." I gasped as I sat and looked onto the Lake.

"This is where me and Michael would spend the time we weren't on the football field. Sitting here talking. We'd rush out of school so people didn't find our secret hiding place the days we didn't have soccer and we would sit here and just talk for hours." She told me.

"I'm glad you had Michael growing up. He sounds like a one of a kind type of guy." I said as Leah put her head on my shoulder.

"He'd always be the one to cheer me up on bad days. He'd make me laugh just with a word. He was there for me through everything."

We sat there our feet hanging from the tree, her head on my shoulder.

(Leah's pov)

"Hey Leah..."

"What's up?" I asked her, lifting my head off her shoulder.

"Remember Saturday, when we were on our way back in the car."

"Yeah, I remember."

"Just so you know, I would have kissed you if I was sober too." She said which made me smile.

We were looking at each other, inches apart. I put my hand on her cheek caressing her face with my thumb. I pulled her closer, our foreheads touching before I felt her lips hit mine. I could feel her smile against my lips making me also smile.

As I pulled away, my eyes met hers, but as soon as I looked at them I felt her unbalance and started to fall forward. I put my hand out to catch her which ended up making both of us fall to the ground.

We were both laying down on the ground from the fall. I looked up to her as she also did the same making us both erupt into laughter.

(Jordan's pov)

I move over closer to her before giving her a kiss and helping her up from the ground. "Let's go to the maze." She said enthusiastically.

"Last one there cooks dinner!" She shouted before running off.

I ran after her through the trees and onto the path. I could see her a few steps away from me so I kept running.

It felt like we were kids again, running from nothing, for no reason. The wind blowing our hair back and putting a grin on our face.

I tried to catch her but it was useless, she ended up beating me. We bent down putting our hands on our thighs while we caught our breath.

"What's for dinner?" She asked me with a smirk on her face.

I shook my head playfully before jumping on top of her, making her laugh.

"If I get to the end of the maze before you, you cook, if not I do. You've got an advantage, I've never been here before." I said.

"Deal." She said putting her hand out for me to shake.

I reached out and as I was gonna shake her hand I dogged it and started running into the maze.

"You punk!" She called out before she followed me into the maze.

"No cheating!" I called at her as I saw her jump over a path.

She didn't listen to me and jumped over another one, so I decided to run for it and just go to the middle. When Leah saw me doing that she also did the same.

"Yes!" I shouted as I was the first to touch the tree in the middle.

"That's not fair!" She said.

"You were the first who started cheating, I just did the same as you did." I told her

"It's getting late and we've got training tomorrow morning, how about we head home and cook something together." Leah said as she put her arm around my shoulder.

"That sounds good." I said wrapping her hand into mine before giving it a kiss. "I'll have to take you over to Stockton someday. There's this woodland just outside it called Wynyard, it's so nice."

"I needed today Jord, thank you." She said giving me a kiss as she got in the car.

"How about I drive back home." I told her, opening my door back up.

"It's okay, don't worry." She said, but I was already determined to do it so there was no going back.

"Are we gonna tell the girls about us?" I asked her as we left the town.

"Uhm... Maybe not yet, they are too nosy sometimes." Leah said to which I agreed to before giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"I've wanted to do that for a bit now..." I said making her blush.