Celebrations

(Leah's pov)

It was Saturday afternoon, Jordan, Beth and I had gotten back from camp a few days ago. The girls wanted to celebrate my first goal with the national team so they had planned to go out and have a few drinks together.

Jordan and I drove over and picked Raven up before heading to Dan and Beth's house, where we were gonna have our pregame.

I parked the car in the packed driveway, already being able to hear the girls screaming, making me regret the decision to join them already.

"You'll enjoy it, come on." Jordan said, making me question if she could read my mind.

The three of us got out of the car and walked up to the house. I took my hands out of my pockets to knock on the door, but before I could it swung open.

"Come on! You guys are the last to get here!" Lisa said, pulling me in by my jacket.

I looked around at the chaos of the place. Katie, Lisa, Emms and Dan already looked like they were about to pass out because of all the alcohol they had had, while Kim sat on the corner watching all of it happen.

Lisa let go of my jacket now pulling Jordan over to where Katie, Emms and Dan where.

I knew Raven didn't drink so I told her to follow me while I walked over to where Kim was sitting. She looked up at both me and Raven as we came over with a smile on her face.

"You look happy to see us here!" I told her before sitting down.

"Please help me convince them to stay and have the party here. They're gonna make a fool of themselves if they go out." She told me.

"Okay, sure. I mean this was to celebrate my first cap so the best chance we have of them listening is if I say it." I told her, getting up to where most of the girls were. "Hey can we have the celebration or main party here? I don't really feel like going into the city."

"Sure, if somebody brings more alcohol." Dan said as she heard me.

"I'll go and buy some more now." I said heading back to Kim. "Success! Well... I have to buy more alcohol but they'll stay here." I told her.

"I'll help you to the shop." Kim exclaimed grabbing her keys while she headed out the front door.

I sat on the passenger seat of her car while she started the engine on so she could put the heat on for me. "It's freezing, init?" She said while she rubbed her hands against one another.

"Okay so, I think we should actually just buy one bottle of vodka and one of orange juice, then we can fill the old bottles with water and they'll never know the difference they're so hammered." I told Kim.

"I do like the idea Leah, but just let them get wasted today so tomorrow their whole body hurts." Kim said with a mischievous smirk.

"Fair enough."

We drove about 10 minutes to the nearest shopping center, listening to music and catching up with each other since I had been away for about a week.

"A debut of dreams to say the least!" She told me smiling at the road.

"It really was. And I don't mean it for the goal, the assist or the win. Like those topped the day off but just to have experienced it beside both Keira and Jordan. That just made it an unforgettable debut alone." I said my mind going back to me and Keira lying down on the grass after the match.

"You care about people a lot, taking into account that you're not a very sentimental person." Kim pointed out.

"Ever since Michael died, I've started to care and be more present for all my friends and family. I never want anybody to feel like the only possibility to stop their pain was to die. I even stopped drinking because of Michael, he hated it." I said looking at my shoes.

"You're one of a kind you know. You're not just a footballer, you're a role model. You know the rights from the wrongs. You care about everybody, you let people know they're heard, listened and spoken too. Leah I'm serious you could be one of the best Football role models in a few years." Kim told me, making me blush a bit.

"Oh my god stop. Kim you're so sweet!"

We bought the alcohol and drove back to the house. As we entered it we could see Raven sat at the same place we had left her. I gave the alcohol over to the girls before heading over to sit with her.

We watched the girls take 1, 2, 3 and even 4 shoots one right after the other while laughing at the faces they made.

"Okay now a shot for Leah!" Katie screamed, making everybody look my way.

I was dragged by a few people to the middle of the sitting room as everybody stood around me with a shot in their hand. "One, two three..." Katie screamed before they took the shot.

They all cheered themselves on as the music played once again. I walked back to sit down as I could feel somebody follow me to my place. I sat down to see Jordan standing in front of me, well she was standing a second ago but now she was sitting on top of me.

"What's up?" I asked her.

"My legs got tired." She drunkenly said.

It was 2 am as me and Kim were sitting watching the girls have one drink after another. Viv had already driven Lisa back since she was in an awful wreck. Raven decided to join them so they could drop her home.

I was really tired to say the least, but I kept my eye out at every moment so nothing bad happened to anybody, but it was starting to get progressively harder as the minutes went by.

I stood myself up and headed over to tell Jordan we were heading home. I watched her as she wobbled around the flat until she sat down on a couch.

"It's late, we've got to head home." I told her, giving her a hand back onto her feat.

We said goodbye to everybody before we left the stuffy house. The slight breeze hit against our skin making me shiver in the dark night. I walked down the stairs and looked back to make sure Jordan didn't fall trying to do that.

But of course she did. I put my hands out and held her up from falling flat on her face before putting her legs back down on the floor.

"Leah, why won't you kiss me?" She asked me as we sat inside the car.

"Jordan you're drunk." I told her.

"So if I was sober would you?"

She asked the question leaving an awkward silence in the car. Jordan was waiting for my answer, while I didn't really want to tell her the answer.

"Yeah." I whispered.

"What was that?" She asked me.

"Yes." I whispered once again.

"Can you speak up?"

"Yes! I would kiss you if you were sober." I shouted, catching Jordan off guard. "I'm sorry." I said right after feeling bad for shouting at her.

"It's okay."

I helped her into her bedroom handing her a glass of water before I got back up and walked over to the door.

"Leah..." Jordan called me.

"Yeah."

"Can you stay for the night? I'd like some company." Jordan told me.

"Okay." I said before getting in the other side of her bed.