Need to leave for a run

(Jordan's pov)

I woke up early one morning, drenched in sweat from a bad dream. I could see my ex shouting at me and hitting me once in a while while I was curled up in a ball against a wall.

Suddenly the dream did a flashback of back when I was younger, the same situation but this time my mum was in a ball against the wall and my dad was shouting and hitting her, while me and my brother Liam looked through the crack of our bedroom door.

It wasn't often my dad reacted like that, still to this day I don't know what caused it, but after that day somehow it didn't happen ever again and my dad became a great dad. Even after everything he did that imagine was buried in my mind. And it got worse after I was the one curled up against the wall.

I shake my head snapping out of my gaze before getting up and out of bed. I checked the time, 6.30 am, I put on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt before grabbing my keys and phone quietly closing the door after me.

I start running under the street lights, not an exact place to go to or a route to take, just blasting music as loud as I could so I couldn't hear or think about anything else than the song that played.

I kept running, for god knows how long, the only thing I knew was it was pitch dark when I first came out and now the sunrise was coming to an end, as was my run. I slowed down so I could walk the last 100 or 200 meters back to me and Leah's house.

Restoring my breathing and turning my music off while I pulled my headphones out of my ears I walked the last few meters before I quietly opened the door again.

I headed to my room and showered, putting some fresh clothes on me. I got breakfast ready for both me and Leah since I could hear her moving inside her room, doing god knows what but anyway.

We had breakfast together before we headed out to meet Dan and Beth over at their place to have some coffee with them.

"You ready?" I shouted from the front door.

"Yep." Leah says as she steps out of her room and grabs her phone which was charging in the sitting room. "Let's go." She tells me now that she gets to the door.

We walked over to Dan and Beth's place since it was just around the corner, just about 10 minutes walking, or maybe even less. We joked around and talked about how her brother was doing with his broken hand until we got to their house.

I knocked on the door, for it to open seconds later. I smile at Dan who is holding the door open for both of us welcoming us in.

"You guys have this place all tidied up." I say looking around the house.

"Don't let it fool you, we just chucked everything into a room where it's not in site while you guys came over to visit." Dan jokes making all of us laugh.

Dan sits down on one of the couches while me and Leah sit on the other one. Beth came in with our coffee leaving the tray on the sitting room table before sitting down beside Dan.

I take one of the mugs before I look up at both of them. Dan had her arm behind Beth's neck, while half of Beth's body leaned up against Dan, which made me smile.

"What you smiling at?" Beth asks as she catches me looking over at them.

"Nothing much, just seems like my advice worked." I say looking over at Beth.

"You meen my advice worked." Leah cuts in looking at Dan and then back at me.

"I think both your advice helped. I mean, it's still just both of you, like if there were more people here we wouldn't be sitting like this." Beth says which makes Dan's smile disappear a bit.

"Anyway, how's your degree going?" I ask Dan.

...

We ended up staying over talking to them for a few hours, until it was lunch time when we decided to head back. On our way back we both decided to invite Raven over for lunch since she lived alone.

We hopped in the car and drove over to her place which was a bit farther away from where we lived, but still quite near us.

I knocked on the door and to my surprise Maeve opened the door.

"Hi! I didn't know you were coming over to visit." I said giving her a hug. "I was just wondering if you two wanted to join me and Leah over at our place for lunch." I said which she nodded to.

"That sounds great, me and Raven will get ready and head over in a bit." She said before we exchanged goodbyes and she closed the door while I got in the car to drive back home.

I tidied the house up while Leah cooked some lunch for the four of us. And before we even realized it the four of us were sitting down laughing and eating our lunch together.

We got to know Maeve a bit better while she put Raven on the spot making us all laugh.

"I didn't know you were such a romantic." I teased Raven after Maeve told us the story of the time they kissed in the empty galway streets.

"I'm not." She defended herself.

"Oh sure thing kid." I said.

"What about you two, anybody special?" Raven asked.

"I ain't done for relationships, I never have a romantic connection with anyone." Leah says before she turns to me.

"Uhm... I've got nothing going on. I'm just focusing on football." I say, not wanting to talk about my private life.

It was 4 pm, Maeve and Raven had headed out leaving just me and Leah to tidy up after lunch.

"Wanna go to the pitch later? And have a kick around, just for shits and giggles?" I asked Leah.

"Sure!" She said which made me smile.

Though i'd bring in some other couples, even if it's just for a short chapter. I kind of just scattered around moments of Beth and Dan and of Raven and Maeve. Who else would be a good idea to include? Maybe Lucy and Keira in the lionesses camp? Let me know.