He's gone

Possible trigger warning? Talks about suicide breafly, not going into it to much.

(Leah's pov)

I got changed and put on the first pair of shorts I could find and an old hoodie that was in my wardrobe before sitting down on the couch waiting for Jordan to finish getting ready.

"Nice shorts!" She said coming down the stairs.

I looked down at them to just realize they had the number 8 on them meaning they were Jordan's "Shit, I didn't even realize they were yours." I said getting up to join her in the car.

"Don't worry about it, they look good on you." She said which made me fluster a bit.

She looked over and giggled at my rose red cheeks before getting in the car and driving off to a pitch nearby our house.

She parked the car and we both got out, I opened the boot of the car and took a football out while she put her boots on.

"Come on!" I shouted at her while I ran onto the pitch making her giggle.

Shortly after I'm joined by Jordan on the pitch, passing the ball between us, neither of us wanting to pull a muscle at the moment.

After we get tired of doing the same thing I take the ball and start running away from Jordan towards the goal. I can hear Jordan start running trying to catch me.

I get to the age of the area, Jordan really close now as I shoot the ball into the top corner. "Goal!" I shout, making Jordan slow down.

"That doesn't count." She whined.

"Tell that to the referee in the middle of a match." I joke making her run off to get the ball.

This time she's the one running to the other side of the pitch and scoring. We do that for a while, running after each other, both of us drenched in sweat.

At one point, when Jordan was running away from me, I was so close to catching her. Without thinking twice I jump and tackle her to the ground,making both of us roll around and laugh in the middle of the pitch.

"Now if the referee saw that you'd get a yellow." She teases me laying down on the grass.

"You sure? I think if I gave her puppy eyes she would change her mind. I mean I'm pretty cute." I say making her laugh even more.

"I totally forgot you're cute and the referees hit you up after matches so they always take it easy on you."

"That was one time!" I say before hitting her gently on her arm.

"Referee! Abuse! Abuse!" She shouted.

I lifted myself up so I was sitting on top of Jordan, one of my hands holding her hands up while the other one tickled her.

She kicked around "Stop! St- Stop!" She shouted, making me laugh.

I get off of her, letting her breath. "I'm gonna make you pay for this." She tells me after she catches her breath.

"Oh sure you are hun." I tease her before pulling her up from the grass.

"I think that's enough for today." I say taking the ball and heading towards the car.

"Yep, I think so too." She says taking her boots off and banging them against a tree to get as much dirt as she could off of them before getting in the car.

We drove home and as soon as I took my phone out of the boot I saw 12 missed calls from my mum. I called her back and before it even rang she answered the phone.

Me: Is everything okay mum?

Amanda: Honey... Uhm Michaels mother called...

Me: Mum? Mum is Michael okay?

Amanda: He shot himself honey, he's gone.

As soon as the words came out of her mouth I could feel my heart sinking, I was left speechless.

Amanda: I'm sorry baby.

Me: I'll call you back in a bit, I just want to process everything.

I said hanging up the phone.

"Is everything okay?" Jordan asked, concerned after she saw my pale face.

Before I could even string a sentence together I fell to the ground wrapping my arms around my knees and putting my head between my knees. Starting to ball my eyes out.

Jordan ran over to my side and sat down pulling me into a hug. "Hey, hey, relax." She told me, brushing a strand of hair out of my face.

"He's gone Jordan, he's gone for good!"

"Who is?"

"Michael is." I said, the pity in her eyes now more visible.

We stayed like that for a bit, Jordan kept trying to calm me down, but I kept crying and crying. Jordan still didn't know how he died or anything so she could just be there for me.

"Jord." I said looking up at her. "He shot himself." I said which made her face turn pale also.

Without saying another word she pulled me in tighter before kissing my head.

When I finally calmed down a bit Jordan brought me some coffee and we both sat down in the sitting room.

"My nan also shot herself." Jordan said. "I was 17, just when I was about to sign for Arsenal, after my grandad got diagnosed with cancer." She explained to me. "The pain never really goes away really, you just get used to it I suppose."

"I just don't understand it, like I talked to him yesterday, he seemed fine." I said.

"It's not easy to realize that somebody might not be as fine as they seem to be. After my nan died I didn't tell anybody. You're the first person I've talked to about it, it's been about 6 or 7 years."

We stayed up talking about it for a few hours, I could see Jordan was starting to get sleepy and so was I so we both decided to head to bed and get a rest from the long day.

Remember somebody loves and needs you in this world. Stay. Please. Maybe at this exact time you don't feel like staying but please stay, stay for me, atleast until you wanna stay for yourself. Keep fighting Love.