xxxvii. emmersons end

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥CHAPTER THIRTY SIXan end to the family ↳ ੈ‧₊˚ ┊͙

an end to the family ‧₊˚ ┊͙

𝓔lora and Regulus remained quiet on the walk towards a cottage his grandfather had left for him, it was deserted and unknown of until a few months ago. The boy wanted to have the girl all to himself, but with that came consequences. The house was small, black curtained windows and a door in the very small back garden. Despite its size, the cottage was beautiful, overgrown on the walls with vines claiming every bit of stone, the front door holding a welcome home sign underneath, sending cold sparks through the girl.

She stepped in, the house dusty and dark, but beautiful nevertheless. "Do you like it, we could do it up a little nicer, something to focus on?" Regulus asked, joining her side and reaching down to grab her hand, in which she let him. Her head found his shoulder and her smiles his. "I do, I love it" Elora whispered, pulling him along to the kitchen.

"I already brought food" The boy said, walking towards the fridge and pulling out a bottle of champagne, "Would you do me the honours of getting two glasses?" He asked, watching as she tried to find the glasses, bending over slightly and returning at his side. "Here" She spoke, his hand colliding with hers as she past it over, causing her to almost drop it.

"Your hands, they're so cold" Her voice nothing more than a whisper, her eyes settling on his hands, the way they held themselves and him. Something was different about the boy, but she struggled to work it out. "They're fine" He spoke, pulling his hands away as though there was something to hide.

"Now if you don't mind" Said Regulus, pulling the glasses firmly from her hand and continuing to pour the continents of the bottle into each. "To us" He added, passing Elora back her glass and raising his, as she did the same.

"To us" She replied, bringing the glass to her lips and beginning to drink it.

Elora and Regulus lay down against the black bedsheets, the house was awfully cold and so the girl wrapped up warm, stunned as the boy appeared unfazed by the temperature. "Don't you want a jumper?" She asked, rubbing her hands together and lying against his chest to try and keep warm, which happened to do the opposite. "Im okay" He whispered, wrapping his arms tightly around her petite body.

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜

Elora awoke to an absent bed, outside still reflected the dark, meaning it couldn't have been any later than the middle of the night. She stumbled out of the bed, tripping over a box by her feet and falling helplessly against the wooden floorboards. Her vision was slightly blurry from her sleep infused mind but she managed to stumble forward, holding the box in her hand and opening up the lid. Inside she found numerous letters, all addressed to her name, Aswell as a telephone line. "What on earth" She whispered to herself, about to pull open the parchment paper when a noise from downstairs startled her.