xi.spring

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ chapter eleven

eloras return*ੈ✩‧₊˚

𝓘t had been a month since Elora left for her fathers funeral, her friends sending her letters and baskets everyday but there was never any response. She spent her days with Daniel, her mother had locked herself away in her bedroom and apart from leaving meals outside her door she never appeared- hardly ate either.

She had finally brung up the courage to return back to Hogwarts, mostly not wanting to leave her brother but she knew it was the best thing to do. The snow was long gone and spring was finally beginning to come around.

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜

Elora visited her dorm first, placing her bags away and unpacking. Dumbledore had told her she could have the first few days lessons free but that's not what she wanted, she needed to get back to normal one way or another.

The girl placed her robe on, tightening her tie and walking towards the great hall. Breakfast had just begun and she was somewhat excited to see her friends again. As she walked into the great hall everyone fell silent, their eyes on the girl. Its as though everyone knew, and she hated it. "Elora over here!" Ariyah yelled, running over to the girl and grabbing her hand tightly.

"Is there a reason you're all staring?" Ariyah yelled towards the hall, everyone looked at her for a moment before continuing their conversations and not bothering to glare over again. "Thank you" Elora whispered as her best friend held her hand tighter.

"I have missed you, we all have. Im not going to ask if you're okay because I know you're not, but please know I love you" She whispered back, smiling at Elora as the two took a seat at the Gryffindor table.

"Welcome back kid" James smiled, holding onto the girls arm as Sirius did the same. "Wheres Regulus?" Elora asked, looking around. "He's running late, he will be here don't worry" Sirius smiled, his attitude towards the girl was different and she knew that was only down to his sympathy but she was equally grateful.

"Oh my goodness" Lily said, running over and hugging the girl tightly from behind. "Oh how I have missed you" She said, showering the girl with kisses all over her face. Elora forced a smile, she tried hard to be grateful for all of them but she couldn't find it within her to share a real smile, and the more they showered her the less she wanted to be there.

"Im going to go outside for a bit" Elora spoke, standing to her feet as Ariyah looked up. "Do you want me to come with you?" She questioned but Elora shook her head and forced yet another smile. "No thank you, I will be back soon" She said, walking out of the great hall.

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜

Once she had reached outside she walked towards the bridge, slumping herself against the wooden barrier. "You look well" A voice said from the end of the bridge, Elora knew that voice by now. She took a deep breath and waited for him to return at her side. "Do I?" she questioned, looking up at the brown haired boy.

He looked different to when she last saw him, his hair a little darker maybe? Or his skin slightly more creased, possibly with stress, or lack of sleep? He is a teenager after all.

"No Emmerson, I was lying" Tom spoke, Elora could've sworn for a moment she saw a hint of a smile but whatever it was disappeared indefinitely.  "Im sure I have no chance at outstanding you in advanced potions anymore" She sighed, liking how Tom didn't treat her any differently than he had before.

"Im afraid you are right about that, I have been upping my studying since your absence" Tom said, leaning against the wooden beams himself. The silence soon settled between them, the wind picking up and the leaves starting to form again on the willow trees.

"I came to ask you something" Tom finally spoke up, breaking the silence. "Slughorn has created his slug club for this year, he wanted me to tell you that you are part of it" He added, looking down at the girl with remorse as she nodded her head.

'I don't know if I will attend" She replied.

Tom sighed, stretching out his arms. "Well im part of it, so are Ariyah and Sirius" He added, his eyes running over the girls plump lips. "I will think about it" Elora responded, turning to face the boy.

"Well once you do, he is holding a party to welcome his guests so um..." Tom fell silent, for the first time in all the years Elora had known him, he had lost the words he needed to say.

"Yes?" Elora asked, looking up at the boy as he turned away. "Just think about going, its something to look forward to" He spoke, the softness disapearing from his voice as he turned away.

"Its good to have you back Emmerson" He said once more before turning around and leaving the girl alone on the bridge. She was confused at the encounter with the Slytherin, its as though he had more to say but he couldn't pluck up the courage to do it. No, she thought. Of course that would be stupid, no one has ever made Riddle doubt himself or his place in Hogwarts. Maybe he just felt remorse for her, that was possible, right?

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜