xiii. the marauders

₊˚ˑ༄ؘ chapter thirteen

you are my family, and I love you.ೃ࿐

𝓒lora stumbled back towards the party, Tom had given her the whiskey, sitting down with her for a moment or two before a horrid expression plastered his face. As though he had just been told something, he got up immediately and left. Elora had shared the rest of the bottle to herself, wanting to drown her sorrows within it.

Eventually she stumbled back into the party, the blonde forcing the doors open and trying her best not to fall over. This silenced her friends when they watched the girl walk in.

The Gryffindors fell silent, sadness eager in their expressions with her actions. "Are you drunk?" Regulus asked, his voice softening as he ran his eyes over the girl, he wanted to help her, he needed to but he didn't know how.

"Dont touch me" She pushed him away, whiskey lacing her voice. The boy looked stunned, pain rising in his eyes when he looked away for a moment. His hand tracing across his forehead in search for some kind of solution.

"Elora this isn't you" Ariyah whispered, walking closer and holding out her hand for the girl to take.

The blondes eyelids were droopy, her attire and her inability to stand straight without falling was clear. She pushed the girls hand away, taking a step back. "I don't get- why all of you are always allowed to do whatever you like, but the moment I do, its wrong? I haven't killed anyone, I haven't betrayed any of you- I had a drink" She paused for a moment.

"Okay maybe a few drinks, but the point is that im allowed to do that, you don't own me" Anger rising in his throat when James reached out and nodded his head towards the door.

"Come on, I'll walk you back" The girl debated for a moment but reluctantly took his arm, her friends silenced. It was obvious Regulus was hurt, redness appearing in his eyes and his fists clenched tightly.

"Brother.." Sirius whispered but the boy shoved him away. "Just leave him" Ariyah spoke up, pulling back her hair in attempts to try and calm down from the situation.

"What the hell was that though" Ariyah whispered to Sirius, a frown settled on his face and a shrug meeting his complexion. "Come on, all of you" He shouted up to his friends, linking his arms over Ariyah and Remus' shoulder. "Lets have a cig" He cheered, the rest raising their glasses.

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜

Regulus sat against his bed, his head placed harshly against the wooden beams of the bed. His knees up to his chest and his curly hair covering his face. "You cant stay in here forever" Bellatrix called out, opening the door to the dorm. "Leave me alone" the brunette responded, sinking back underneath his bedcovers in hopes of disappearing.