-forbidden love

𝓔lora stepped out into the street, the rain falling hard and melting against her rough skin

𝓔lora stepped out into the street, the rain falling hard and melting against her rough skin. Her hair soaked up the moisture, sticking to her face and clothes. The tears that fell mixed in with the weather, the salty taste on her lips causing her to cry even more.

She fell to her knees, trying to push the hair away from her face but the cutting feeling in her heart prevented her from moving. Her sobs became silenced against the sound of the rain, but she heard them loud and clear.

The front door opened, revealing Regulus Black as he grabbed a coat, running over to her and wrapping it around her. "I know i'm the last person you want to see right now but please come inside, atleast until the rain stops" He begged, earning her approval as she stood up and clung to his body, the two running inside to gather warmth.

Elora pulled off the coat, wrapping her arms around herself and immediately walking away from the boy. "Wheres the bedroom?" She questioned, Regulus looked confused at first but he shook his head, pointing towards the staircase as he spoke. "Its the first door on your left, there's a bathroom in there too" He pursued a small smile, one that told her he was happy she decided to stay.

"Thank you" She whispered, walking up the stairs and searching for the room.

His room was far different to his one at home, there were no posters or cluster of books, just a premade bed and white walls.

She looked amongst the dressing table, looking for anything that reminded her of him, and then she found it. The acorn button she had given him for his birthday, placed right in the middle of the dressing table, with nothing around it or near it.

She picked it up, holding it in the small of her palm and giving it a gentle kiss before placing it back down and heading for the shower.

She removed all of her clothes, shutting the door and stepping into the steaming hot shower. The water lathered her body, burning her skin but she didn't mind, she needed to feel something and this was the only way she could gather her thoughts.

Could she change him? Reason with him maybe, give him a second chance? These thoughts engulfed her mind as she washed away the pain she was suffocating in.

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜

Regulus sat down in his armchair, drinking his bottle of whiskey he had poured just as Elora left. The thought of her, too pained to look at him caused him too much sorrow. The way her eyes trailed everywhere but his. The way she flinched as he inched near her, cringing at his touch and refusing to give into his love.

He loved her, he really did, every part of her, but he also had a darkness within him, one that followed his parents rules, vowed to Tom his loyalty, and disregarded his friends, and his brother. He wanted Sirius and Elora to join him, that way the trio could be free, to an extent. They could be safe from everything going on, they could live with him, away from Toms grasp and the horrors the wizarding world were about to face.