xli. addiction

✧˖*°࿐CHAPTER FORTYaddiction ˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

✧˖*°࿐CHAPTER FORTY
addiction ˚ ·˚ ˚ˑؘ

𝓡egulus pushed the line of cold metal into his skin, piercing his veins and injecting the liquid into his blood. The release felt euphoric, his body lightening up and his head feeling free. The boy was grateful he would no longer be faced with the wrath of his parents, or his brother.

The two had told them everything, well everything socially acceptable—although they knew the circumstances and didn't want to risk themselves getting hurt, regardless of their own children's safety.

The boy was left in his own suffering, his days getting longer and his nights becoming one whole. He spent most of his sleeping in the day, knowing Tom all too well and his success rate of getting everything done in the night.

Regulus would sit against the bottom of the stairs, waiting, watching for the door to open, some nights he would scream and cry, begging that they would just arrive and yet they never did. Tom had been studying the boy for months, working out what he thought and how he moved.

He knew Regulus wanted him to try and kill him, to see Elora once more or atleast know if she was okay. And so for that reason alone, Tom gave everything in his power to leave the boy alive, for he knew his own mind would become the death of him instead.

"I'm right here!" The dark haired boy screamed, his front door wide open and the blackness covering the depths of the world before him. "Please" He slowly broke down, his knees reaching the ground and his head in the palms of his hands. Tears had become just another necessity now, his usual routine.

He would boost himself up on everything he could, his anger taking over, then followed by his sadness. Often, he considered bottling up his tears, wondering if he shed enough to store them. Not that they would come to any use for anyone.

Sirius returned to his humble home to check up on the boy once every two weeks. He knocked at the door before pulling it open, rushing in and finding no sign of his younger brother.

"Regulus" He called out, pacing the house and eventually entering the boys room. Inside he found his brother, sick covering his shirt and his bed, his hair drenched wet from the shower which was still running.

He felt deadly cold, as though there was no life to him anymore. "Jesus" Sirius yelled, running over and lifting his brother up. "Regulus" He spoke, tapping the boys cheek and dragging him over to the bathroom.

"Regulus, please" He begged smacking his hand against his forehead to try and conjure up what to do. Lifting the boy up he placed him into the shower, turning the water on hot and running it over the boy.

Regulus sat up, throwing up more and grabbing onto the boys arm. "You" He spat, although his words were a mixture of a mutter and lost hope. "You can't do this to yourself anymore" Sirius spoke, cleaning up the blood coloured sick and sitting down against the bathroom floor.