xxxiv. the past

•°

•°. *࿐CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
the past .ೃ*:

Flashback
The day before Regulus' fourteenth birthday

𝓢irius Black had been sent off to Paris a day before Regulus' birthday, his parents made all kind of excuses about how it would be beneficial for him to have some time with the rest of the family, but really they just didn't want him at home. The boys car was packed, Regulus stood in his best suit to see the boy off.

Elora raced towards the car, running all the way from her house to theirs, Regulus' early birthday present in her hand and her dress falling against her ankles. "Wait" She called out, running over to Sirius and pulling him into a hug. "Get me a gift from Paris, they have the best paintings" She whispered against his hair, the boy laughing and pulling her into a stronger hug. "Anything for you Lorie" He said, the two pulling away from the hug as Regulus grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"How dare you pull me like that!" She joked, lunching forward to fight with him, the boy pretending to take out a sword and duel with her. As she took a few steps back his raised his hand, looking intently towards her before charging at her. Elora squealed, the two in a joint of laughter as Walbruga cleared her throat.

"If you two wouldn't mind, we are trying to see Sirius off" She snapped, causing the two to hold in their laughter and stand up straight, their hands behind their backs as though they were soldiers. The boy and girl looked towards one another, both breaking out into a fit of laughter as his parents walked away and towards the car.

"I got you something...for your birthday" Elora smiled, her blonde hair blowing behind her back in the cool breeze, her long pink dress, tied sharply at the waist but outward at the bottom. Regulus thought her smile was beautiful, it warmed his heart and made him love her even more. The blonde girl lifted up her hand, revealing a small box.

Regulus carefully opened it, pulling out a gold infused ring, inside read both of their names, carved pristinely into it with a plus in the middle. Elora had planned the present for a while now, waiting for the best time to give it him, and she finally decided his fourteenth birthday was the time. The boy slid the ring carefully onto his finger, the fit was perfect, as was the present.

"Elle" He whispered, he was clearly happy by his expression and the uprise in his beating heart. He wanted to ask her right then to marry him, but being only sixteen and not having confessed the love for one another yet, the boy kept it to himself. "Do you like it?" She asked, moving closer and lifting up his hand with hers, inspecting the ring on his finger.

"I love it" He said, but what he meant to say was I love you. Eloras smile widened even more, she reached up, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling his curly hair into her neck. "Oh what would I do without you Regulus Black" She sighed, the boy lifting his head up and fighting the urge to place his lips on hers.

He took her hand deeply in his, the two waving his brother goodbye as he pulled her into the house. "Will you read to me?" He asked, leading her to the library in his rather large house. "Any book in particular?" She asked, running her finger along the books, most were dusty, giving the impression that hardly anyone read them. He stood up onto the chair, posing as though he was being drawn. "Regulus" She laughed as he move his leg further forward, giving the perfect ancient greek pose.

The boy began to laugh, jumping down from the leather chair and helping her scan the books. "This one" He said, pulling it out and examining the book. "Little women?" She questioned, holding the book carefully in her hands, it held a hard red leather, golden letters on the front. The boy nodded his head, pulling the girl upstairs and towards his room.

The rest of the house was much darker than the library, the windows gave it light where as the rest of the house was closed off, narrow, with black walls and peeling paint. Regulus pulled her down onto the bed, lying with his head on her chest, she wrapped her arms over the top of him, balancing the book on his chest as she began to read. "Why is it you like this book so?" She whispered, the boy smiling as he turned the page for her.

"Well, Laurie reminds me of myself, and Jo reminds me of you, although sometimes you are a lot like Amy" He laughed, softening his head further into her chest. She was his comfort place, and he was hers. Every time they were together nothing was ever as awful, as though they were barriers for one anothers pain.

Elora fought to keep her eyes open, re reading the same sentence three times before softly closing her eyelids and falling into a pit of deep sleep. Regulus looked up, smiling at how peaceful she looked, he moved the book away and lifted up the bed covers so she was warm, climbing into the bed with her and laying his head back on her chest.

They usually slept the other way round, but there were certain moments when Elora would act like a mother figure towards Regulus, tying his tie, or fixing his hair, making sure he had eaten enough, and scolding him for not doing any homework. When she read to him her words were his bliss, a harmonic sytheny which he ached for.

"I love you" He whispered against her top, knowing she was in a deep sleep and most likely wouldn't hear him. He wanted her too though, he needed her to know. Regulus looked down to his ring, raising it up against his lips and kissing it gently. "I love you" He repeated as a whisper, wrapping his arms around her as she automatically did back, and the two falling into a pit of dreams.

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜

"Regulus" Elora whispered, shaking the boy carefully as he sat up immediately. "Are you okay?" He panicked, looking around the very lit dorm room. It was empty except them, although he vaguely remembered the other girls agreeing to sleep on the sofas in the common room for the night. "You have quidditch practice, in 10 minutes" She hurried, pushing him out of bed and helping him find his clothes.

'How is it you always keep me together?" He asked, pulling on his shirt and placing the wrong buttons in the wrong holes. The girl laughed, walking over and straightening out his shirt before slowly buttoning each button correctly. "Because I am your glue" She replied, picking up his tie and neatly tying it around his neck. The boy watched her carefully, her hands soft and her lips smooth, he wanted to kiss them, and so he did.

The blonde smiled, kissing him back carefully, her lips merely grazing against his as he pulled away. "I thought back to when we were sixteen, and I remember wanting to kiss you so bad, and now I can" He said, kneeling down slightly to kiss her harder.

Elora smiled against his lips, carefully opening his eyes and grabbing his robe. "You can kiss me all you like in an hours time, but I do fear you might be kicked off the team if you're late" She laughed, the boy throwing the robe out of her hand and back against the bed.

"So let them kick me off the team" He smirked, placing his lips back on hers once more. "Seriously, I love you but you need to go" Elora rushed, hating ever being late to anything. The boy looked at her, crossing his arms over his chest and watching her grab all his things and walk towards the door. "Regulus im serious" She scolded, the boy laughing as it was just the reaction he was hoping for.

'You know I love you right?" He asked her, helping her with her thinks and wrapping his arm over her shoulder. "Oh trust me Black, I am well aware"

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜