viii.the other black

☄

☄. *. ⋆ chapter eight
regulus, I feel I have always loved you ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Elora walked towards the great hall, pulling her bobble out of her hair and letting it fall against her shoulders. When she walked in she noticed Ariyah slumped up against Sirius, their eyes both fixed on a page infront of them. Lily and James were playing yet another game of chess and Regulus was sat alone.

"Hey, you okay?" Regulus asked, pushing a strand of hair out of the girls face and behind her ear. Elora nodded, looking up as she did so. When she looked across the room a pair of brown eyes caught hers, Bellatrix Lestrange had her hand placed on Riddles arm. The two laughing at something Lucius had said. Once Tom's eyes had really caught onto the girls, his lips curled into a smirk.

Thats when Elora noticed Regulus was in fact staring right back at the Slytherin. "Mind telling me what that's all about?" Regulus asked, his voice a whisper amongst the laughter on the Gryffindor table.

Elora looked back up once more, Toms gaze said all it needed to. "Nothing, we just share a hatred for one another" The blonde smiled, leaning against the Gryffindor as he chuckled lightly.

"Merlin Sirius, ive told you five times already, its Beetlejuice not unicorn hair!" Ariyah slammed the book, Sirius frown turning into laughter as he reached out to grab her hand. The moment his skin touched hers the girl melted, letting him reopen the book.

"Okay fine ill go over it again" She spoke, pulling her hand away from his and continuing to tutor the boy.

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜

Elora couldn't help but grow in need of the touch of Regulus. She needed him to know how she felt, how he made her feel. "Tell me what's wrong Elle, please"

Elora nodded her head, leading the boy outside and into the snow. "My father is dying" She whispered, closing her eyes whilst the snow settled against her cheeks. "Merlin, im so sorry" He responded, reaching out for her but she shifted away.

"Hey, come here" Regulus spoke, holding open his arms in which she obliged.

Her blonde locks fell against his chest whilst she sobbed, her heart breaking at each cry she released. Regulus rubbed her back, trying to sooth the pain she was feeling. "Im not going anywhere Elle, im here, always"

The girl didn't say anything, she couldn't for words were too painful to comprehend but she mentally thanked him for everything he had ever done for her. "Do you remember when we used to go iceskating on the lake behind your house" Regulus whispered, Elora lifting her head whilst he wiped the tears from her cheeks.

"I remember you not being very good at it" She laughed slightly, a smile forming on the twos lips as she agreed, "but then I learnt from the best" he replied, the girl resting her head against him as the snow fell heavier. "Would you like to dance Wendy?" Regulus asked, holding out his hand for the girl to take.

Elora nodded her head, tucking her hair behind her ear and taking the brunettes hand. Regulus pulled her in, placing his hand on her waist and hers around his neck. They began to sway, moving around in sync to one another. The couple danced around in circles, slow and settled, which brought comfort towards the young girl. Regulus spun her around, laughter filling the air, her blonde locks spiralling against the snow. He then pulled her back in, holding her to make sure she didn't fall.

"You, Elora Emmerson, hold all the beauty in the world" Regulus said, every word a rhythmic melody that soothed her ears.

Elora felt so comfortable with him, he was her home, more welcoming than her one where her mother and father lived. Everything she needed was with Regulus, her heart ached at his touch, her skin forming goosebumps with each aspect of affection he gave her.

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜