ix. daniel

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ chapter nine
daniel emmerson

𝓔lora admired the brunettes bracelet, staring in awe as her head lay against the girls shoulder. "And Sirius actually gave this to you?" The blonde asked, still shocked by the gift.

"He did" Ariyah responded, a smile settled on her face as she looked down at the present. "I wish someone would buy me a bracelet" Elora sighed, closing her eyes in disbelief as her bestfriend laughed.

"Regulus danced with you outside in the snow, isn't that good enough for you?" She teased, waving her finger in the girls face as she pushed her hand away.

"No frankly- it isn't good enough for me Ariyah, I don't know why and I wish I could work it out but I cant" The blonde sighed, trying to make sense of everything. "Maybe there's someone else?" The brunette asked but Elora shook her head.

"Of course not, and even if there was- who?" She replied, falling silent as Tom Riddle walked out onto the courtyard. Elora's words caught in her mouth as she sat up. "Maybe Riddle?" Ariyah said, jokingly except Elora didn't laugh.

Tom strode by, his eyes making there way over to Elora for a split second before looking back ahead of him. "Where is he going?" Ariyah asked, the blonde shrugging in response.

"How are your study classes going together- can you bear each other yet?" Ariyah laughed, Elora placing her head back on the girls shoulder as she added, "barely"

"Well hey there's always room for improvement" Ariyah smiled, holding onto the girls hand. "Come on, lets go back inside im freezing out here"

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜

Elora arrived home for Christmas, her older brother returning home from work early to see the girl after their long awaited reunion. "Hey kid" Daniel spoke, Elora running towards him and wrapping her arms tightly around his neck.

"Hows the ministry?" Elora asked, letting go of him and taking a seat at the table. Her mother hadn't returned home from work yet and she was unsure of her fathers where abouts since the last letter she recieved, despite knowing she would be back by now. "Busy- there's so much controversy with the muggle situation, some saying it should be a crime to breed with muggles, others saying its the only way at keeping our bloodline going"

Daniel took a seat opposite the girl, he was only 4 years older than her but he had matured at a very young age. His hair was darker than hers but not quite brown, and his eyes were a defeaning emerald. "What do you think?" Elora asked, taking a sip of her water and waiting for his response.

"I think you cant help who you love, why should people be sent to askaban for loving another human being?" Her brother responded, taking out his paper work and placing it on the table.