xlv. the kiss

─◌✰CHAPTER FORTY FOURthe past ೃ࿐

the past

Their third year at hogwarts,
christmas break.

𝓔lora bounced her knee up and down nervously, waiting for the boys to arrive. And finally they did. Both of them piling into the room and sitting opposite her. They were quiet at first, the usual routine in which they waited for Elora to begin speaking.

The girls immediate attention was on Regulus, asking him questions and listening to what he had to say. Sirius couldn't help but feel left out, annoyed that Regulus was receiving more attention than him.

"I'm just going to go to the bathroom—i'll be back" Regulus smiled, departing from the girl and heading upstairs.

The girl turned to Sirius who raised a sharp eyebrow. "Oh so now you want my attention?" He questioned, moving closer to her and knowing Regulus would appear at the stairs any moment now, wanting him to see, needing him too.

Sirius moved closer, his lips inches away from the girls. He placed his hand against her chest, pushing her down against the various pillows his mother had styled the sofas with. "Sirius what are you—" She whispered, the boy cutting her off by leaning over her and pushing her hair behind her ear.

The intensity of the moment was deafening.

"Shh— you don't need to say anything, just let me" He replied, leaning down and placing his lips against hers. The moment meant a lot to Elora, she had never been kissed before and now it was happening, not a first for the boy though of course.

Sirius heard his brother coming down the stairs, causing him to kiss the girl harder, wanting her to do something to push his brother over the edge, a noise, an action, anything.

But she stayed exactly where she was, allowed his lips on hers and his tongue in her mouth. "fuck Elora" He smirked, looking up and locking eyes with Regulus Black.

The young boy appeared as though he was about to cry, and yet he couldn't move his eyes away from the scene. He had no right to be mad at Elora, the two never sharing a moment like that, but he had ever right to curse his brother right then and there.

Sirius looked down once more, placing his lips back on the girls and dragging out the kiss. Exaggerating his taste and his need for more, when really all he needed was for his brother to feel hurt.

Elora finally clocked what the boy was looking at, sitting up sharply and trying desperately to fix her hair. Regulus looked from his brother to the girl, hurt clear in his eyes despite how much he was trying to hide it.

"Don't let me interrupt" He spat, turning away and heading back upstairs. "Regulus—" Elora pleaded, standing up as she was pulled back by Sirius.