x. the letter

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・chapter ten

letters to emmerson✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ 

𝓞nce Ariyah had returned back inside, Elora went on to follow Riddle, her mind going back to when her and Daniel spoke about the death from the orphanage.

When she finally saw him, she realised he was sat against a pair of steps which were drilled into the hill as a way for students to walk towards the forbidden forest. "Riddle" She said, taking a seat next to the boy. "Emmerson" He replied, looking out towards the night sky.

"At the orphanage, did you know of someone called Seth Wullington" Elora spoke, watching as Toms jaw clentched, his fists forming and his eyes darkening. "No" he replied, looking away from her and standing up.

"You don't? but I thought because you go to the same-" Tom cut her off, closing his eyes to try and with hold his anger. "I said I don't know who he is" He scolded, walking quickly away from her. "Will you stop walking away from me" Elora shouted in response, Tom stopping in his tracks to turn around and glare at her.

Tom didn't say anything, he just stared, waiting for her to continue. "Cant we just have a normal conversation?" She sighed, crossing her arms in defeat. "We aren't friends Emmerson so no, we cant have a normal conversation" He responded, giving her one last glance before heading back up towards the castle.

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜

"Elora there's a letter here for you" , the brunette smiled, passing Elora the letter as she sat down at the Gryffindor table. The marauders fell silent as the blonde opened the letter, a laugh escaping her lips at their expressions. "Why have you all gone silent" She said, her words forming a mumble as she read the letter from Daniel.

Lorie, I am so sorry to have to tell you through a letter but im afraid father has passed. I wish I didn't have to be so formal about this but I dont know what else to do, I have contacted the school and by the time you receive this Dumbledore should escort you home.

See you soon. Kindest regards,

Daniel Emmerson

Elora's words were numbed by the time she had read the letter. Ariyah reaching over and placing her hand against hers as though she somehow already knew. The blonde didn't know what to feel, she had been so quick to push her father aside but now he was actually gone a weight load of guilt filled her.

"Miss Emmerson, I assume you have heard the news. Please, follow me dear" Dumbledore spoke, approaching the table as the blonde girl tried to stand up, her body shaking intrusively. Regulus stood up, holding her in place as he kissing the back of her hand. "You're okay, ive got you, come on" He whispered against her hair, the girl leaning into him for support whilst they slowly made their way out of the hall.

Tears pierced the girls eyes once they had gotten into the corridor, Dumbledore had left the two to talk whilst he arranged the flew powder. "Do you want me to come back with you- I can speak to my mother" He said, holding her head against his chest as the girl cried.

"No you mustn't miss out on anymore school-" Elora coughed out, trying to find her words but the pain she was feeling was too severe. "I will go and get your things then, stay here and I will be right back" Regulus spoke, kissing her softly against the cheek as he bolted for the common room.

Elora sank down to the floor, her gaze staring into thin air as tears streamed down her cheeks. "I heard about the news" Tom spoke, appearing by her side and taking a seat on the floor next to her.

"If you have come here to mock me, I beg you, please save it for another time" Elora choked up, wiping her eyes with her sleeve to try and gather herself. "Its okay" Tom whispered, pulling her sleeve away from her face. The boy lifted up his thumb, catching his tears with it to try and make them disappear.

Elora didn't say anything, she just looked away from the boy. "How long will you be gone?" The Slytherin asked, just as Regulus walked around the corner. The two instantly standing up as Elora looked over at Tom for one last time. "Hopefully not long" She said, Tom for the first time smiling towards her.

"Hopefully"

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜

Returning home was much harder than Elora had anticipated, she managed to get all her tears out on the walk from the station to her house. She knew Daniel would be strong for his mother so she wanted to be too.

"Lorie-" Daniel spoke, running from the kitchen and towards the front door. He pulled the girl close, kissing the top of her head. "Wheres mother" Elora spoke, pushing herself away from her brother as she didn't want him to have to see her cry.

'In the kitchen" Daniel whispered, pointing towards it. The blonde nodded her head and walked towards her mother. She had never seen her so dull, her hair in one knotted mess, bags under her eyes, and tears creating a pool on the table. "Mother" Elora whispered, walking close and pulling her into a hug. She let her cry into her, her sobs defeaning the house but for the first time she didn't seem to mind.

"And father, have they taken him yet?" Elora asked, looking up to Daniel who shook his head. "They're on the way, but he's upstairs" He spoke, the girl nodding her head. "We have already said our goodbyes, im afraid we cant bear to do it again" He added.

Elora forced herself to go upstairs, her hand shaking as she pushed open her parents bedroom door. She was shocked when she saw him, its as though he wasn't real. His skin had paled down to almost nothing, his wrinkles more intense than the last time she saw him.

The girl placed her hand against his, leaning down to sit on the chair beside his table. His skin was deadly cold, causing the girl to pull away. "I am truly sorry father, for everything" She whispered, a tear escaping her eye as she cried. She didn't realise she could feel so much remorse for someone who was hardly in her life.

"I will try to do you proud" And that's exactly what Elora did.

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜