xxix. the marauders

。・:*˚:✧。CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHTthe marauders ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

the marauders ˚ ˚

The night before the first day back

𝓡egulus had heard shouting downstairs, Elora remaining in the same spot of the bed and being unbothered by the noise. The boy crept downstairs, walking towards the dining room when he saw smoke leaving under the door. No sound came from the room and so he opened the door, the room was empty but a large black burnt mark plastered the tapestry, right above Sirius' name.

"Are you kidding me" The boy shouted, his mother walking into the room and sighing at the view. "He's not a Black anymore, he isn't family. You don't abandon your family" Walburga spoke, crossing her arms and tapping her pointed heel against the wooden floor boards.

The anger that grew through Regulus scared him, he hated his mother, and his father, he hated the Black family as a whole. "Maybe if you treated him like your son then he wouldn't have left us! But you and father, you're the ones to blame, you pushed him away and made him feel outcasted!" Regulus screamed with all his might, his skin reddining and his lips quivering.

"How dare you defy me like that, I am your mother" She replied, raising her hand and slapping the boy hard around the face. The drugs in his system made it difficult for him to process the pain, he felt it but merely, his skin bruising and his eyes tearing but his expression numb.

Walburga walked away, leaving his son to travel back upstairs and face the girl. Regulus entered the room, his hand colliding with the door to gently close it. Elora was quick to sit up, examining him for the first time in a while. "What happened?" She asked, quickly getting up and placing her hand on his face. He tried to push her away but she held her grip, turning his head to the side and reaching for the light.

"Which one of them did this" Elora spoke, her voice darkening and her temper rising. The girl was mostly soft, but she had a side to her in which she found hard to control. "Elle I'm fine, I just fell"

The girl wouldn't have it, she stormed out of the room and took out her own wand. "Elora please don't-" He panicked, chasing after her and struggling to hold her back. "She hurt you, I cant have her hurt you again, you don't understand what it does to me" The blonde replied however the look she received from the other lead her to give in and return to the darkened room.

"We can run away" Elora whispered, looking up at the boy as the two sat in silence against the edge of the bed. "We start school tomorrow" He replied, but he knew that wasn't what the girl meant. "Im serious, its our last year Regulus and once its over, we can run away, save up money maybe?" The brunette boy ran his hand harshly through his hair, thinking of his decisions.

"Where would we even go, or live? Id have to get a job first and from then we would have to save up but even that would take a couple years" The girl thought hard for a moment, placing her head against the boys shoulder in which he lay his on top.