lviii. the locket

₊˚ˑ༄CHAPTER FIFTY SEVENRegulus' end ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

Regulus' end *ੈ

𝓣he blonde girl awoke to an empty bed, and an empty tent. The immediate aurora of the space made her skin turn tough and cold. She turned her head and found a letter placed on the side of the bed.

Her heart was beating in her chest, each pump of the organ increasing the sweat and quivering of her lips, the shake of her hands and the heaviness of her breath.

She pulled the paper out of the envelope, revealing a letter.

To my love,

I'm sorry to have had to tell you this way but I feared you would not listen to me any other. Typical for you sweetheart, you always like to do what's right. And for the first time, i've decided to do the same, even if it costs me my life.

I can't have you join me on a conquest so dangerous, not if it could kill either one of us. You can try and get to the caves all you like but i'm afraid with no boat and no availability to apparate, the water is full of Inferi which will kill you immediately, so for me, don't try it when i've done this to save your life, not kill you.

If I have not returned in two days then please return home where Sirius will be waiting for you. Kreacher is helping me find the Horcrux and has given Sirius a note similar to yours, minus the love.

If this is the last thing you're hearing from me, know that I love you Elora Maeve Emmerson. I have never loved anyone the way in which I love you, just watching you lie here and sleep gently against the covers of the bed breaks my heart. I truly am sorry that life couldn't give us the ending we had planned as children, I really am. I would give anything for you to have your happy ending, even if it isn't with me.

My brother will be waiting for you, be good whilst i'm gone and we will see each other again. In this life and the next.

My heart always belongs to you.

Regulus Arcturus Black

R.A.B

Elora dropped the parchment paper onto her lap, had fingers shaking and her voice unable to form any words at all. It was as though her brain had slowed down and was struggling to keep up with the rest of her.

Her legs began to move before her mind could process the actions, running out of the tent and into the forest which overlooked the water swarmed caves. "Regulus!" She screamed, hoping she hadn't been too late and that maybe he had just left.

"Regulus!" She screamed even louder, looking down at the cliff and the water which hung below. "You can do this" She whispered to herself, taking a few steps back before running forward, one foot and then two feet off the cliff face she fell.