xix. peter and wendy

─◌✰್CHAPTER TWENTYshow me you love me┊͙ ୭̥⋆*。

─◌✰್CHAPTER TWENTY
show me you love me┊͙ ̥*

"𝓓on't push me away" Elora whispered, walking up behind the brunette boy. His brown orbs followed the distance, his posture slumped against the railing and his curls swaying along with the wind. Regulus' shirt was undone at the top, his collars unkempt as his tie no where to be seen.

"I'm not trying to" He said, not looking over to the girl who had appeared at his side. The blonde reached over, handing him an acorn button, however this one was black, unlike her thimble.

"If you won't talk to me, then atleast have me with you, as I do you. Always" Her blonde hair tucked sharply behind her ears, her throat locking at her goodbye to the boy. "Those kids on the train, the ones who raced towards the station, and melted at the sight of one another. They're gone" Regulus finally spoke, his words icy at the touch of his voice.

He turned to her, clenching the button tightly in the palm of his hand. "Do you understand Elora, they're dead now" He looked to her not in disgust, but as though he was deeply lost. His forehead creased, his throat gulping at his attempts to stay calm.

Elora walked towards him, lifting up his clenched hand and carefully opening it up. She leant her head down, kissing the button in his hand. "A kiss for a kiss"

Regulus looked away, the pain he felt from the sight of the girl was too strong. Everytime he looked at her he was reminded of what he had become, and what he had done all to prove himself to his brother. He was too afraid to love her, because the fear of letting himself open up to her, left him with the fear of one day being left with nothing, a silent pain that he would never be able to live with, without her.

"I understand now" Elora finally said, the boy looking back over to face her. "You said you're afraid, at first I thought I knew what you were afraid of but I was wrong"

The boy said nothing, he just stared blankly back at her. "I'm scared of what i've become, but you're scared of what you won't become...I'm not going anywhere Regulus and until you understand that I don't think I can see you anymore, you may go to the cabin with the others but I shan't be there"

The boy scanned her face for a hint of a lie, or even a aspect of doubt but he didn't find one. "I wasn't planning on going anyway" He spoke one more, walking away from her, the button in his hand, and the thimble in hers.

Tears began to spill from the girls eyes, her heart crushing deeper with every step he took away from her. She held out her palm, the thimble had cut deeply into her skin at how tightly she was holding it, her tears mixing with her blood and leaving her in a mess of misery and despair.

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜

The marauders sat on the greenery outside of the castle, all of their suitcases and owls carefully packed to go home for the summer. Regulus Black was no where amongst the marauders. "I'm going to miss you all so much" Lily exclaimed, placing her head against James' shoulder which surprised everyone.

As she did this, Severus walked by, stopping in his tracks at the action. The red head lifted herself from James, looking back at the boy with sympathy but he showed no emotion, instead he walked away.

Peter projected the same pain onto her, watching the way their hands collided and their lips synced in a smile.

Sirius lit a cigarette, placing it against his plump lips before blowing out the smoke into Ariyahs face. "Black, you irritate me so!" she shouted, shoving him hard back. The boy only laughed, lying down on the grass and continuing to smoke that way.

Remus had taken a seat next to Elora, her knees up to her chest and her orbs focused on the daisys. "Would you like one?" The boy asked her, holding out his own pack. She gazed over towards it, hesitant yet she took one anyway.

"Why do you smoke Remus?" She asked the boy who pulled open a lighter, holding it for her as the smoke caught lit. "Because I like it" He replied, pulling one out himself and placing it between the corner of hips lips.

"I smoke to die" Elora said, blowing out a puff of smoke and silencing the rest of the group. Sirius began to laugh, stomping his cigarette out on the grass.

"You're funny Emmerson, now- where is Regulus?" He asked her, standing to clasp onto his suitcase. The girl shrugged her shoulders, not moving to get up and leave with the rest of them.

"You don't know?" Ariyah asked, clearly concerned as the two were usually inseparable. "No Ariayh, I don't know" She snapped back, throwing her cigarette onto the floor and quickly storming away from the rest of the group.

"What do you think that was all about" James asked, placing his arm over Lily's shoulder who melted into him. "Maybe they had a fight" Ariyah questioned, unsure who she was trying to convince.

"Let's just pack this shit and get on the train" Sirius spoke, the others grabbing their luggage and huddling it in the direction of the station.

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜

"Elora?" Tom questioned, watching the girl storm into the common room. Luckily Tom was the only one left, it appeared he was writing a letter, to whom remained a mystery.

The boy stood up at her presence, confused as she inched closer towards him. "Are you-"

The girl leaned up towards the boy, placing her lips forcefully against his. He stilled for a moment, taking in the action before returning the favour, crashing his lips onto hers as his hands found her face, cupping it.

Their breath collided, no hints of love came from the kiss, no real passion, atleast not for Elora, instead it was a cry for help.

Elora pushed back at the sound of a door slamming, soon to be met with Regulus' gaze. The brunette boy clenched his trunk till his knuckles turned white. His teeth clenched so tightly it appeared his jaw might snap.

The girl said nothing, stunned at the fact he had seen what had just happened between the two, wishing it hadn't. "Have a nice summer" Regulus said, reaching the bottom of the stairs. There was no longer envy in his voice, instead all that appeared was tragedy.

Once the boy had gone, the girl plucked up the courage to finally look over to Tom, amusement was clear within him. "Don't forget what I asked of you this summer" Tom added, patting her shoulder as though she was a dog.

He picked up his own trunk and walked away, leaving her isolated in the room, which now appeared as a death bed

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜