xlix. the first tournament

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩CHAPTER FORTY EIGHTthe golden egg ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

the golden egg ˚ˑؘ

𝓣he marauders, along with the rest of the school were hesitant to find out who would be chose fro the goblet of fire. Elora and Sirius were especially anxious, however the possibility of it being Regulus was rather low.

"It's not going to happen" Sirius whispered, nudging the blonde to try and prevent her from shaking her leg anymore. "You don't know that" She snapped, her leg bouncing up and down and her hands placed against her mouth.

Dumbledore walked into the room, making everyone's conversations fall to a halt. He briskly walked over to the goblet, each movement was so smooth and natural, no wonder his age. He leaned forward, waving his wand and holding his breath then the goblet turned a dark blue, producing a piece of paper from the top.

The paper fell into the palm of his hand, he waited, making sure everyone was listening before pulling it open. Dumstrang and Beaubaxtons had already arrived at high school, Elora noticed how since Regulus' old school had arrived, he was barely anywhere except his dorm room.

The boys huddled together, nudging eachother and whispering. She noticed one boy in particular, his dirty blonde locks pristine compared to the others boys hair. He looked much older, despite being in the same year, but his facial structure held sanctuary and beauty behind it, his name was Fynn Caruso, and Elora knew a lot about him.

The boy, putting aside his beauty, gave Regulus a rather difficult time when he moved to the school. During his fourth year at hogwarts, his parents had become highly aware of his addiction, and thought it was best he be sent away.

He spent a total of 6 months at the school, and he claimed it to be the worst months of his life, and now here sat the boy who's name was repeated multiple times to the girl, most in anger. Fynn.

He looked up from across the room, a grin growing on his face. Clearly he knew exactly who she was too. Before the two could look away, Dumbledore opened up the paper, the first name becoming revealed.

"From Dumstrang, we have...Finley Caruso!" The boys went wild, literally. Jumping and hugging him, pushing him forward. Girls whistled and blushed, wanting him to notice them, others whispered towards their friends.

The moment the boys name was called, Regulus Black walked into the room, looking around and rolling his eyes at his enemy. "Next, from Beaubaxtons we have...Carson Weatherington" Called Dumbledore, a girl in a bright blue uniform and perfectly pushed back blonde hair rushed towards the front to stand beside the boy.

"And finally..." Said Dumbledore, each nerve growing with anxiety as to who was going to be called. Sirius reached over, grabbing onto Eloras hand for support. The blonde watched, almost as though time was slowing down when the paper fell into his hand.