-return to the darkside

𝓣he sheer material was ripped from the girls complexion and throw against the floor

𝓣he sheer material was ripped from the girls complexion and throw against the floor. The sudden intake of light caused Elora to blink rapidly, wanting to use her hand to protect her eyes but it appeared she was unable to move any part of her body.

"Why would you do this, how could you" The words she heard echoed in the distance, as though someone were playing a record on repeat, but soon the words turned to cries and the gasps became an unwarming silence.

"You need to understand this was never part of the plan" The same voice from behind replied, but now the voices were getting closer, her sanity was reaching ground level as her gaze adjusted to everything around her.

There he stood, his brown hair tucked back, not a strand of hair out of place. Something about him looked different, his complexion was sharper, more serious, not the gentle and loving boy she had once known.

The way he looked at her showed nothing but guilt, his eyes dropped, his lips parting open for something to say but no words left the pits of his lies. He took a step closer, Elora wanted to cower away, she wanted to try and understand why and how this was even possible but she wasn't able to, instead she sat still and allowed him to enter her life once more.

"Elora" Regulus Black whispered under his breath, pulling off his black jacket and wrapping it around her bare arms. The girl kept her eyes on him, a single tear falling down her redenned cheek as he looked back to Sirius who sat stuck to a chair, the same expression on his own complexion.

"It appears I have some explaining to do" Whispered the brunette, looking back down at Elora before walking in the middle of the two people he loved the most in the world. "Explaining to do, are you fucking insane, we thought you were dead, do you know the shit you have put Elora through" Sirius yelled at the top of his lungs, no relief in his actions or words, only hatred for his younger brother, who he had spent so long trying to love.

Elora remained silent, she felt as though she were dreaming. Was this reality even her own? Or was she really stuck back in her room, imagining all the ways her life could've gone.

"Elora please, say something" Regulus begged, nearing her as his jacket began to fall slightly off her left shoulder. "Don't fucking touch her, not until you explain what the hell is going on!" Scowled the older Black brother, getting Regulus' full attention.

"This is the person I was meant to be, don't you see that Sirius? Mother and Father never trusted you because you were weak, too weak to make your own way in the world, but I was their only chance at survival, at an ongoing pure blood line. Do you really think they were going to let me put that to waste?" Regulus had changed, he had lost the love he once used to heal himself. And now, all that was left was isolation.

Elora's love for Regulus kept him alive, she burned him with nothing but the need to live on, and therefore he vowed to himself that he would keep her safe, always.