xxvi. a night to remember

•°

•°. *࿐CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
the disrupted ball .ೃ*:

𝓡egulus Black held the orange plastic bottle firmly in his grip, one hand on the sink and one on the item. Beads of sweat fell from his forehead, splashing against the water he had run. Fear and anger was all he felt, his need to feel something other than that was strong. Regulus knew he could see Elora, she would make him feel something other than this but he couldn't, he didn't want to reminisce in what happened and seeing her face would only bring the horror back.

"Don't be an idiot" The boy whispered to himself, pushing away from the sink and staring at his reflection in the mirror. The bathroom was dark, the door locked tightly and a candle burning brightly beside him. Sirius was gone, he wasn't coming back, but he couldn't quite come to terms with it. His mother appeared somewhat sad, her temper to a minimum and her frown firm, however neither one of his parents said anything.

Kreacher appeared beside the boy, holding onto his hand which gripped the bottle. "Regulus, you don't need to do this" He whispered, aware of the time and the fact the boys parents were sleeping. The brunette sank down to the floor, pushing his friend away. "You don't get it, I cant go on like this" He whispered back, the elf returning to his side and sitting with him.

"There's ways around it, have you spoken to the girl?" Kreacher asked, looking up to the boy who instantly rolled his eyes. "I told you, her names Elora- Kreacher you know this" The elf looked away, he had never loved the relationship Regulus and Elora held as it distanced himself from the boy, however he respected the boys wishes and he equally held a liking for the girl.

"If this really is what you want, then as your elf I won't stop you, but as your friend, I will be deeply disappointed" Kreacher said once more before vanishing out of the bathroom. "Aren't you all" The boy whispered, opening the bottle and pouring a singular pill into his hand.

He crushed it with a razor blade, placing it aside and using a piece of paper to inhale the drug. Tears fell from the boys eyes as the rush hit him, his mind turning numb and his eyes drooping slightly. "Im sorry" He whispered to himself, falling against the tiled floor and lying down on it. His brunette hair collided with the coldness of the tiles, sending his body into ecstacy.

Regulus' tears turned to a permanent frown as his gaze reaches his wrist, the dark mark was all he could see, hear and smell. Panicked he rushed to his feet, climbing clothed into the shower and turning on the water. Specs of water fell onto his hair, drowning it in his tears. The boy picked up a sponge, running it under the water as he began to scrub his wrist. The sponge scraped against his skin, peeling away a fresh layer and burning it red. The mark didn't disappear, and never did his pain.

He sped up his pace, scrubbing until his skin bled and his tears turned to sobs, his clothes drenched in water and blood dripping from his wrist where the mark remained. "What have I done" He whispered, falling against the shower and bringing his knees up to his chest.