xxiii. the funeral

₊˚ˑ༄ؘCHAPTER TWENTY THREEit's okay to cry ✧˖*°࿐

it's okay to cry ˖*°

The Funeral

𝓣he girl stood infront of her floor to ceiling mirror, her long black dress falling down to her knees. Her appearance was much more slim than before, and her long blonde hair making her skin appear even paler.

"You look pretty" Her older brother walked into her room, trying to cheer the girl up, when really it should be the other way round. "Don't lie Dan—I don't need you to feel like you have to make everyone feel better, i'm fine" The blonde lied, pushing her large black sunglasses over her eyes and giving herself one last glance in the mirror. Truth be told she didn't care how she looked, but she felt the need to make it seem as though she did care about something.

The boy held out his arm for her to take, in which she did, the two walking arm in arm towards the darkly lit living room, her mother in sobs of despair at her husbands death. Elora wanted to feel sympathetic for her mother, maybe even hug her and tell her it's all going to be okay. But she knew it wasn't going to be okay, and she knew her mother would never hug her the same way.

"Mother, we must go now" Daniel spoke, the women falling into him as he tried to walk her towards the car. It was harder for the boy, he was the man of the house and so he felt it's his duty to keep everyone intact, even if he can barely keep
himself that way.

Elora looked around at the house as though it would be her last time, picture frames of her parents and Daniel, hardly any of her. All three of them dressed in the richest of clothing and holding the brightest of smiles. Her fathers smile broad and proud, but not proud of her. There was only one picture of the girl in the family living room, it sat by a table which vanished everytime the door opened all the way.

She was nine, the year just before she started hogwarts. Her hair was in two perfect ponytails and the girl looked genuinely happy. She remembered this photo, her red coat and wellies, her smile brightening up the dark picture frame which held it. Just before this photo had been taken her mother had told her to smile, which she failed to do naturally, so Regulus danced around, pulling funny faces behind her mother and finally made the girl smile.

"Lorie?" Daniel called out, running back towards the front door. His hair struggled to hold its prestige look anymore, and creases were cutting into his forehead. The girl appeared, saying nothing as she walked past him and headed towards the car.

..⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜

Once the Emmersons had arrived at the funeral, they were greeted by the Black family. Regulus and Sirius stood in sharp black suits whilst Narcissa, and Andromeda wore beautiful black dresses. Elora despised Bellatrix, as did Daniel and that was part of the reason why she never showed. The girls however were much closer to Daniel, Narcissa and Andromeda were his bestfriends.