12 𝘫.𝘣.

[jonathan finally gets to meetyour dad]

your dad]

a table filled with food sits in front of you, most likely leftovers from thanksgiving. "sorry jonathan for not having something more fresh, i wasn't expecting y/n to bring someone home from dinner," your dad looks at you with a stern look. however, when he turned back to jonathan, a smile makes its way to his face.

"no it's alright mr. l/n. i don't mind it as this is delicious," jonathan nods slightly, taking a bite of mashed potatoes and looking between you and your dad. a couple other exchanges happened afterwards, awkward silence filling the air for most of the dinner. sometimes though it appeared as they were getting along.

when your dad got up to clean the dishes, jonathan offered to join, following him to the kitchen. out of the range to hear, you walk into the living room, trying to find a movie for the three of you. the two stood around the sink, cleaning and drying in silence. "jonathan... i know my child is a little rambunctious and crazy, but please do be patient. they will truly make you happy if you let them," he smiled a little, cleaning a plate.

    "of course mr. l/n-" jonathan begins rambling, speaking quickly while looking at him. your dad begins to laugh, "calm down jonathan, you treat them well, or else things may get dirty." an awkward smile escapes jonathan's mouth, quickly getting nervous.