01 max

☆彡 tipsy and tensefluff

☆彡 tipsy and tense
fluff

      "i can not believe they are just giving out alcohol like that," you take another drink from the famed red solo cup, letting the alcohol burn the back of your throat.
an all too familiar individual rips the drink from your hand, rolling her eyes in your direction, "really? you're getting drunk?"
    you bite your lip, looking around the room, trying to evade the eye contact of your friend. for some reason, within your drunken-state, you act as a clumsy and bewildered toddler. acting as though max would ground you for spilling orange juice on mom's new favorite rug.
    "y/n... why don't we sit down," max tilts her head at you. her body slightly leaning forward as she tries to get your attention.
    you sigh loudly, plopping down on the nearby couch, "sometimes you're no fun max. i mean how many times has the world almost ended? at this point probably five, and so why not?"
    she sits next to you, resting her head in her hand as it props her up, "because someone has to make sure that you don't get the rest of us in trouble. and while that role typically falls onto steve, he's doing his own thing."
    "so what are you? second in command of alcohol consumption bullshit federation thing?" despite the insanity of the words spewing from your mouth, your brain wires the words together, making you believe that whatever was just said was perfect for the moment.
    max begins to laugh, turning away from you as you grab ahold of her contagious laugh. "really? 'federation thing'? oh do you really think so low of me y/n? last time i help you," she starts to stand up, pretending as though she suddenly couldn't stand you.
    "mmmmh max, i didn't mean it, you're great at your alcohol consumption thing," you hold onto her hand, pulling her back onto the couch, "besides, who else will keep me from trouble? mike? i don't think so."
    she rolls her eyes once more, turning towards the crowd. for a second, as you look upon her face, she lets you, hoping this moment could last a lifetime. the amount of admiration exuding from you couldn't be described in anyway that would give it justice.
    she looks back at you, a small smile appearing upon her lips, "you're right, i guess. how could you ever escape me?"
    "by taking a boat, a sick pirate boat," you lean against her, letting your muscles finally relax under the influence of the mysterious drink.
"i would personally take a cruise boat, more accommodations," max rests her head on yours. she finally feels at peace despite the constant chaos in her life.
you grab her hand, desperate for the conversation o continue, examining it and the intricacies of a masterpiece such as herself. "you have nice hands maxxy," you confess to the girl.
she wants to laugh at the interesting nickname, but holds off due to the festering of her own emotions, "thanks y/n, you do too."
silence befalls the two of you, a comfortable silence. the party continues as people continue to shout and yell, but within the bubble surrounding the both of you, there's nothing but sweet silence. however, as you sit there, you can't help but feel like you should tell max how much she means to you, and how her help will never be taken for granted.
    "i know i'm being silly... but thanks for your patience max," your body shifts away from max, wanting to look her in the eyes to say it. wanting her to understand that despite your drunken state, you mean every word that was ever said to her.
    she continues holding your hand, rubbing the back of your palm, "i'll never not be patient with you."

- requested by @M3DM4X
- word count: 629