13 𝘣.𝘩.

- you came over to tutor max and billy

 wanted to impress you -

     ever since max started at hawkins middle school she struggled with math. to get out of the house and learn the subject more, she enrolled in the school's tutor program. you were chosen to help her. the both of you decided to meet at the middle school typically, however, a football game was going on. your house had loud kids running around, so you agreed to meet at her house where it would be easiest to work. 

     max tried to get billy out of the house, hoping for some form of peace. however, his perstitant nature didn't allow him. instead he changed his clothes, hoping to wear something that could attract you the most. to get himself ready he lights a cigarette, posing in the mirror, examining himself. 

     you ring the doorbell, holding your supplies against your chest. almost immediately max opens the door, "hi y/n. um my brother is still here so let's just go get started. don't mind him." you nod, stepping into the house. "i didn't know you had a brother," she looks up at your comment and shakes her head, "technically step." max pushes you a bit, walking close behind to make sure that you walk father then before.

     the two of you almost reach max's bedroom when billy pops out from his room. hanging out of his mouth is a cigarette. his red shirt is mostly open and a necklace hangs down him neck, hanging slightly off his body as he hangs forward. "y/n, wasn't expecting you here," billy raises his eyebrows slightly as smoke billows from his cigar. you look down at max and sigh, "billy how about you let me do what i'm here to do and i'll be out of here." 

     "woah- there's no need to leave so quickly," he smiles with the left side of his face, not allowing the cigarette to fall. you roll your eyes and grab the cigarette, being careful not to burn yourself. "and there's no need to smoke. but for some reason you like to do it," you hold it out for him to grab. as his fingers delicately touch yours he smiles even more, a devilish look upon his face. 

     "okay max, let's get some tutoring done and then how about we go get some ice cream, i feel the need to refresh myself from the stench," you smile to max, even though billy was miraculously her brother. the both of them so different from one another.