01 𝘸.𝘣.

☆彡 love flickersangst, mentions of death

☆彡 love flickers
angst, mentions of death

  will, alone again in good old castle byers, notices a small photograph in the back of the tent like structure. it seems insignificant to many, it's a simple photo of the two of you many halloweens ago. however, to will, it's everything he could ever ask for.

    his thumb rubs over your face, clearing it of any dust that had been left behind. but just as it clears, he can't help but hold back tears. every memory, every halloween, every single thing you did to influence hawkins, indiana, down the drain.

    you, six feet under, him, feeling as though every single part of him is painfully sinking into the ground. will looks around the castle, feeling as though his imagination has clouded him from fully letting your death impact him. every single thing he did to mask his pain crashing down as a lighter raises towards the photograph.

    his hand shakes, the lighter starting after a couple of clicks. suddenly, the photo is on fire, bits of it floating in the air, gleaming with the heat of the fire. will drops the photo suddenly, somewhat realizing how he's destroying what he has left of you. he tries to stop the fire out; however, it quickly spreads.

    from leaf to leaf to walls of the castle. he can't stop it, grabbing the photograph as he runs out. he begins to hold it close his chest, falling to his knees. will starts letting out heavy breaths, tears falling from his face in desperation for it never to have happened.

    "i'm so sorry," will looks towards your photograph, your smile still shining through as the majority was saved. he bites his lip to stop himself from crying out.