13 𝘴.𝘩.

- date night with steve -

trying to have date nights with your boyfriend was the worst. the two of you were always busy, either with work, helping the middle schoolers, or college. "i know we wanted to go out to eat today, i'm really sorry we can't," steve sighs, realizing that he has to close up the store and by then you won't have time. "hey you didn't know you'd have to close today," you shove him a little in the shoulder.

"believe me, i know, i just feel really sorry," steve grabs your hands from over the counter. you then remembered that he had ice cream. "how about, while everyone is shutting down, we have some ice cream. i doubt anyone else is coming here anymore," you shrug, suggesting instead that the two of you have ice cream instead.

steve looks behind at the ice cream, "okay what flavor do you want?" you suggest your favorite type and so he scooped it with two spoons. "hey i thought you didn't like this flavor..." you sighed, looking over at steve who took a quick bite of it. he shakes his head, "it's not my favorite, but it's yours."

you smile to him, "thanks, that means a lot." he leans over the ledge and kisses you, it was quick but sweet considering the two of you couldn't do any actual date. "now, how about we play some music and hang out for just a tad bit longer," steve suggests, pulling out a small radio from behind a counter.