09 lucas

☆彡 what if'ssmall angst/fluff

☆彡 what if's
small angst/fluff

      "i thought that this was over, lucas. i thought that we were finally free to live our lives," your voice comes out shakier than expected, your whole body feeling as if you have no stability. throughout your time knowing and loving lucas, you'd been fighting for your life, for his life, and when billy and eleven stopped the mindflayer, life felt so perfect.

    and suddenly, without any notice, a girl ends up dead. without even knowing anything about the case, you already knew that your life would never be perfect or calm. everything about your life with lucas would be connected with otherworldly creatures looking to end your life. and sometimes, something that extreme, requires a shaky tone.

    lucas immediately picks up on it every time, his sweet voice carrying through the wind as he cups your face in his hands, "i did too... but we're going to get through this, like the demogorgons, like billy, like the mindflayer. us, together, we'll get through this." underneath his hands, he can feel the intensity of your anxiety.

    "but what if we can't, what if you die and then i have to tell your parents. what if i lose you, and everyone i love. i don't think i could handle that," you pull his hands down, holding them within your own as tears threaten to burst into a waterfall. as you talk, he can see you tremble. your lower jaw quivers as you imagine the absolute worst.

for a long time, lucas didn't quite know what to do when you got upset; however, as he grew, so did his understanding of you and how you're wired. "babe... what do we do with 'what if's'?" lucas raises an eyebrow at you, a small smile making its way to his face as you stop shaking.

"i'm not doing that," you try to hold back a smile, shaking your head at lucas. he squeezes your hands and looks away for a second, letting out a loud breath. "that's such a shame, because i think that we should definitely do what we do with 'what if's'..." he jokes, tilting his head slightly.

you roll your eyes at him, "fine, we hug. but you're all sweaty, i don't quite think i wanna do that." he looks taken aback, his mouth agape as he holds his hand over his chest. quickly thereafter he pulls you in for a hug, wrapping his arms around your lower back, his head resting against yours. your arms snake around his neck, holding yourself to him.

for a moment, life seems perfect, the life you imagined after the mindflayer. and that's how he always knew to help you, was to give you a glimpse of a world not so glum, where the two of you are together and that's all that matters. "see, it always works," he whispers into your ear, one of his hands now on your upper back, pulling you tightly to him.

"fine, but you're still sweaty," you let out a small laugh, making him move his hands to your sides and start tickling you, "i surrender! my gosh, you joke one time and suddenly your boyfriend is a monster." he once again opens his mouth in surprise; however, it's quickly followed by a small smile as he realizes his plan truly worked.

- requested by LadyCalypso03
- word count: 562