14 𝘥.𝘩.

☆彡 now is not the timefluff

fluff

     "holler if you find something," you peak past the banister, looking over at dustin and giving him a wink. he gives you a wave, holding a somewhat small smile on his face as you retreat upstairs with max. something about the two of you splitting up in vecna's home worries him. like a pit within his stomach, a wave of nausea overtaking him.

steve punches his shoulder, looking at him, then the banister, then you again. "what?" dustin asks, looking back towards him raising an eyebrow in response to steve's typical odd behavior. he gestures once again, "are you guys together or something?" dustin rolls his eyes and continues walking down the short corridor, looking at old items left to time. "you didn't answer the question, henderson."

    dustin turns back around to steve, "we're not together." despite the answer of 'no', steve prods, thinking of how that moment between the two of you didn't seem like nothing. "tell me the truth. they totally winked at you, and you smiled at them. do you have feelings for them?" steve raises an eyebrow, shining the light on his face, narrowly missing dustin's eyes.

    "why do you want to know? and is now really the time?" once again, dustin attempts to throw steve off of the scent, throwing the metaphorical bone away from himself. however, steve clearly doesn't believe it, following him as dustin walks over to the front room, "i won't tell anyone, i promise." dustin lowers his shoulders, letting out an exhausted sigh. "you really want to know?"

    "yes i do, henderson," steve answers, crossing his arms over his chest. dustin looks down towards his feet and back towards steve, "yes, we're together. we wanted to wait until this whole vecna business finished to tell everyone, so don't tell anyone." the man's eyes instantly light up, a child on christmas, so to speak. "i knew it! i can't believe you didn't tell me."