15 𝘳.𝘣.

☆彡 no i'll go firstfluff

☆彡 no i'll go first
fluff

"i guess i'm the guinea pig," robin laments, pulling on the somewhat unstable-looking rope. you shake your head, bumping her hip with yours. your hand holds onto the rope as well, "no, i'll go first." she narrows her eyebrows, tilting her head, wondering when you became so bold as to stop her. maybe it's the emotional high you're riding on, or your feelings for robin, but you just can't let her go first.

    robin lowers her arms, crossing them across her chest, "you'll go first, but i volunteered. let me go first, we don't know what's up there." you sigh and shake your head again, keeping your hands tight against the rope. "robin, that's exactly why i'll go first. i don't want you, or anyone, to get hurt," you reply, making sure that your expression looks serious enough. robin always wanted to be the one to protect you, and for some reason, she wouldn't let you do the same.

    "i can't let you get hurt either, let me do this," robin reaches her hand up, attempting to grab the rope again. in some awkward motion, her hand lands on yours, moving down slightly after the touch. your breathing stops for a second, the feeling almost electric. "no," your answer is short, but there's a lot of strength behind it. robin leans forward, her face a mere few inches from yours, "i'm going up there and you can't stop me."

    you're taken aback, not even realizing that the others were still standing there. "i could drag you back down," you take one hand off of the rope and set it on her shoulder. robin raises her eyebrows, a small smile resting on her face. "well i'll fight you for it," her hand rises until it's on yours again, tension building throughout the area. "uh maybe i should just go," steve says, practically cutting the tension with a knife. the two of you look over at him, daggers seemingly coming from your eyes.