15 𝘫.𝘣.

☆彡 awkward interactionsfluff

fluff

since your sophomore year in high school, you had been working at this quaint antique shop across the street from the town's newspaper. through the window, you typically see writers and photographers going in and out of the front doors. including nancy wheeler and jonathan byers. two people who went through hard times within the past few years. you always meant to talk to them during one of the many classes you had together, but you never did.

so, as you see jonathan leaving the newspaper headquarters by his lonesome, you open the front door to the antique shop. "hi! you go to hawkins high, right?" you ask, holding the french doors open while leaning forward. his hand rests on the top of his car as he looks over at him. as soon as his eyes rest on yours, his gaze softens into a warm embrace. "yeah! i'm assuming you do too?" you nod, looking back towards your boss as he flips through a magazine.

"yeah, i do! i guess i'll see you around!" you attempt to finish the conversation, finding yourself to be overly ambitious. you back away from the door and look towards one of the decorations. while fixing it, the front door opens, a smiling jonathan standing in the doorframe. he looks over to you, "actually, would you like to go to this party thing that's tomorrow. i wasn't going to originally go, but it would be nice to see you there." this awkward transaction between the two of you smoothing over as you grab the small piece of paper, "oh and i'm jonathan."

    "yeah.. i think i've seen you around school, i'm y/n, thanks for the invite," you smile in his direction, pending the paper with your finger and thumb. he then nods, turning around for a second, "well thanks.. i might see you there then." you nod to him, watching as he walks out the door, putting his head in his hands.