13 eddie

☆彡 reluctantfluff

☆彡 reluctant
fluff

"edward munson, you never called me back," you walk over to eddie, a smile on your face as you hold your lunch tray. he turns around, looking somewhat surprised as he puts his hands on his hips, "oh my apologies ma'am, i didn't know a poor jester like myself had to wait patiently for their liege to call. i had a campaign i was running and got him late."

you roll your eyes at his annoying behavior, "okay... edward. well i wanted to tell you that your t-shirt you gave me? yeah you completely did not wash it before you gave it to me, because there was mustard on it, dork." eddie turns back around, walking towards his table. "i thought you loved that shirt, mustard stains and all," he slightly turns to give you a disappointed frown.

eddie reaches the hellfire club's table and pats one of the spots near where he sits. you happily take the spot and give the other boys a small wave, "hi guys, i'm totally crashing your table... again." they all give you some form of 'it's okay' or 'you're fine', mostly due to eddie's non-worded allowance of you.

"okay, so can you finally join the campaign tonight? i know you've had your babysitting gigs and such with like lucas' sister and all, but i want you there," eddie rests his hand on yours, letting you use your other one to take a bite out of a small apple. you look up for a moment, taking a sharp breath in, "well i'd have to check my calendar... actually looks like i'm free for tomorrow."

he gives a small victory fist bump to the air. "now, about that shirt, if you hate it so much, i could take it back," he mentions, tilting his head at you, his other hand holding his head while his elbow rests on the table. you shake your head, your dark brown hair slightly getting in your face, "yeah right, you think i would give away a free shirt?? who do you think i am, munson?"

"i get it, can't get enough of the old eddie munson," he leans forward, a smile, more like smirk, lands on his face, "but also my uncle totally wants you to come by more, because for some reason he likes you more than me." you try to hold back a laugh, knowing that he was likely true due to wayne absolutely loving how happy you make eddie.

you bite your lip quickly, nodding, "obviously, i love coming to your place. even though someone won't let me play their guitar." eddie instantly loses his smile, shaking his head in an upset manner. "how could you, you know i would never let anyone else hold my baby," he covers his mouth, trying to fake a sob.

"our baby, eddie, we raised that kid together," you take another bite of your apple, knowing that it would keep you from laughing at your constant joking. sometimes with the younger kids of the group, you two did really feel like two parents trying to keep a family going.

eddie looks over to the rest of the group while you try to eat your lunch due to the lunch period ending soon. mike and dustin start to do kissy faces at eddie, pointing at you without any suspicion on your part. he rolls his eyes at the two younger boys, quickly waving his hands in a no motion. 'i'm not ruining a friendship' he tries to mouth to them, before turning back to you.

"anyway how about after the campaign we can hang out, maybe get some good food, not this cafeteria crap," eddie suggests, looking between the two boys and you. "yeah, sure, i will never let up an opportunity for good food, and a great companion," you mention in between bites, a slight heat making it to your face. however, it goes unnoticed to the sights of the others.

    despite your normally very observant behavior, you could never tell eddie's crush on you, and vice versa. but neither wanted to finish or crush a friendship that always held near and dear to your hearts. you look over at him, holding a small smile as you think about how he may never be anything more than that to you.

- requested by h3llfir3_eggos
- word count: 731