11 𝘮.𝘮.

[continuation of part 10]

[you run into max afterthe fight at the arcade]

the fight at the arcade]

after detention the two of you had held up the agreement to meet at 5 the next day. outside of the school grounds you both fought. it didn't last long due to the teachers, but you did get a punch in at her jawline, and she got you near the eye. luckily your mom didn't pick up the phone so you just got to leave and head home. however, you didn't want to walk home with a bruise on your face.

so you headed to the next best place, the arcade. there was quite a few people there but that was really the only place you could think. but today just had to be the day that max mayfield was there. you entered the arcade, a couple quarters in hand that you stashed in your backpack. the odd smell of the arcade with the bright lights just made you feel at home.

as you went to go sit at your usual spot, you noticed the losers there, lucas and dustin. "what are you guys doing in my spot?" you asked, crossing your arms while glaring at the two of them. dustin was the first to look at you, a worried look going across his face. "um, we were just looking at something," dustin tries to pull my attention towards him instead of in the direction that lucas was looking at.

"yeah, what?" you don't listen to anything else that dustin says and notice that mayfield is playing one of the arcade games. you sigh, sitting next to the two weird stalkers. "why are you guys even watching her? she's a dick," you sit back, rolling your eyes. dustin nodded, "yeah, i know. she stole my high score and i wanted to know who it was. but why do you hate her?"

you shrugged, looking back at dustin, "i don't know, she just acts real pissy." when you looked back in her direction she had noticed the three of you, looking at you guys from afar. mayfield started walking towards the three of you, raised eyebrows especially in your direction. "i knew these two were creeps, but y/n? did you follow me here?" she asked, a smirk making its way to her lips.

you poured a little, wanting to laugh. "oh yeah, because i'd totally follow you around dipshit," you sarcastically say, smiling back to her, "anyone, because she's here, i'm heading out, good luck with your loserfest." but before i could leave she made a comment, winking along with it, "you know it."