07 𝘫.𝘩.

☆彡 sherifffluff

☆彡 sheriff
fluff

"sheriff hopper?" you cross your arms, your hat leaning forward slightly, an imperfection. he looks up towards your eyes, something within him clearly distracting him from his job. "yes, sheriff l/n?" he asked, raising an eyebrow, a small smile on his face.

you let out a soft sigh, gesturing to the grocery store's videos from the previous night. due to this grocery store being within the bounds of both of your jurisdictions, you're being forced to work together on the case. "well, i mean if it identifies the killer, then it's useful," hopper's generalized answer makes you want to roll your eyes.

from his stupidly perfect mustache to the badge laying upon his chest, you always felt the need to roll your eyes. "yes, that would be helpful; however, as i've pointed out, the death is not seen within these cameras. from what i can tell, though, is that the restaurant down the road may have camera footage," you attempt to give hopper a smile, only to have him look away, his soft gaze tearing from you.

    you thank the owner of the store and gesture for the two of you to leave, wanting to get to the restaurant before it closed for the night. hopper follows you; however, just as you exist the building, he clears his throat. "uh, sheriff l/n, your hat is crooked," hopper motions to the cap placed upon your head.

    almost instantly you attempt to fix it, not wanting to look unprofessional to anyone looking. much to your dismay, you never seem to get it right, the hat more crooked than ever. "here, let me get it," now square in front of you, he bends down some, taking both of his hands to fix your hat. for a second, it feels like you've stopped breathing. like the breath and life had been taken from you.

    "there," hopper smiles towards you, "now you must understand why i prefer not wearing my hat." you shake your head, slowly moving to head towards the restaurant. standing and chatting when a murder was just committed would likely not be seen as professional. "well you look much better with the hat on, sheriff hopper," you admit, looking back at the bewildered man, an expression you've never seen him hold laying on his face.

    "well then maybe i'll have to wear it again," he says, trying to be quiet; however, you could absolutely hear it.