10 𝘮.𝘮.

[you were stuck in detentionwith your rival, max]

with your rival, max]

after a long day of schooling, you got detention, due to a fight over a grade with your teacher. almost every grade you got, it was good, high grades normally. however, even when you studied for this one, you got an f. so you argued (well it got a bit more aggressive) with the teacher, that's normally what gets you a detention. after this one, you were expecting to be alone because you hadn't heard about any other students getting a detention throughout the day. however, mayfield appeared to be there as well, looking annoyed at your arrival.

you have her a small wave and a fake smile before sitting down next to the door. she gave you an eye roll and sat down on the opposite side of the classroom. "hello miss mayfield and miss l/n," the teacher began, looking at the both of you, "for the beginning of this i will be out, however, i'll be back soon so don't think of doing anything too rambunctious." she left the two of you alone, not the best idea considering you hated each other.

   this classroom is your math classroom. so, you knew the teacher left your walkman in the left bottom drawer. after she left you made your way over to the drawer. "what the fuck are you doing?" mayfield asked, leaning back in her chair and crossing her arms. you bit your lip and opened the drawer, searching through it, "none of your business mayfield."

   she gave a loud sigh and looked around, trying to think of something to do. you smiled when you found it. you quickly grabbed it and shut the teacher's drawer. max began to notice what you were holding and scoffed, "you got in trouble for having a walkman in class? that's pathetic." you rolled your eyes and sat in your seat. "if you really are this nosey mayfield, i punched the english teacher, i lost this days ago," you answered, afterwards you put on the headphones and laid back, trying to ignore the world.

   sounds of a chair moving became more apparent when you opened your eyes and saw her moving to a seat closer to you. "mayfield if you want to sit beside me, be my guest, i couldn't care less," you scoffed a little. your rival sitting next to you, that seemed really unlikely but you thought it was hilarious if that was true. you didn't hate max at all, in fact you found her rather funny, but she annoyed you half to death every time you talked to her.

   more chairs were moved and by the sound of the last chair moving, you could tell she took your offer. "you don't seem like such a bad person," max said, crossing her arms, "why would you punch a teacher?" you rolled your eyes. "mind your own business mayfield. it was just a paper." she raised an eyebrow and smiled in a sly way.

   "the teacher-punching y/n was just upset about a grade? wait -" she was about to gloat until you stood up and grabbed her shirt, pulling her up as well. "tell everyone and i break you mayfield," you whispered into her ear. you pushed her back into her seat and moved back a few rows to sit alone. "you wouldn't hurt another student if you wanted to," max laughed a little and sat back against her chair.

   she wasn't wrong, but you weren't about to let her share that with everyone else. "fine, you want me to prove i'll beat someone up, meet me at the school tomorrow at 5, better hope i don't hurt that pretty face of yours," you argued. afterwards you put your headphones on and ignored any other comment she was saying.

   what you couldn't tell was that she was smirking about the 'pretty' face comment.