02 dustin

- VERY minor season 4 spoilers -

☆彡 in control
fluff

      footsteps enter the forest as you follow the group towards skull rock, looking to find the famed eddie munson. as the two boys do, steve and dustin find themselves bickering over the location. this leaves you walking besides them. your stride becomes longer than dustin's soon and you stay besides steve. "steve, it's north. i checked the map," dustin exclaims, barely looking at him as he holds the map up.
    "but guess what skull rock is? a popular make-out spot, and guess who made it that way? this guy, so put a little faith in me," steve slows to walk next to dustin, sending you glances, hoping you could talk some sense into your boyfriend.
    your head subconsciously nods at steve, knowing dustin's occasional want to do things his way... sometimes called the 'better' way. "oooh yeah, it's definitely popular in our age group," you wink at dustin, knowing that the two of you had never been, and that he would be just startled enough for you to talk some sense into.
    he pauses for a moment, letting his hands fall to his sides, "mmh what y/n? wait what do you mean?" dustin stumbles forward, trying to keep up with you as you continue forward, following steve. "well... you know," you shrug, smiling in his direction.
    "know what? y/n, i don't ever recall going to skull rock with anyone, let alone you," he stuffs his compass into his pocket, giving him a free hand to grab yours. when he does, you slow down, letting him keep up with you.
    "babe, i'm completely joking with you. i mean you even admit that you have never been to skull rock, let the guy who has been there probably one too many times show us the way." you raise an eyebrow at the steadfast boy, making sure he knows you're absolutely joking.
    he takes a second to look at steve and then back at you, a frown appearing on his face. despite looking disappointed in your observations, he squeezes your hand, "okay, we can follow steve. but not because you want me to, or anything, i'm doing it to give him a... confidence boost, with nancy."
    in spite of your want to give him a small smirk, or bump him with your elbow, you nod to him, "whatever you say henderson. now, let's go before steve wanders off by himself and we lose him."
    you take the lead once more, your long strides making it easy to reach steve. however, you still kept a hold of dustin's hand, making sure he's still there.

- requested by @Naomidontknowher
- word count: 432