XXXVI: Unwanted Post

"Raehee are you up dear?" Aunt barged in and gasped to see my distraught condition

She sauntered to me, plopping down in front of me, she said, "You look awfully frail. Come let me feed you something quick."

She stood up but I didn't shift even an inch. I remained still in that position.

"Raehee you don't want to die at this early stage. Do you?"

"Please leave me alone. I don't feel like eating now," I answered while blinking my eyelids indifferently.

"But...," she paused in between as granny arrived into the same room. They both exchanged some eye contact and a second later aunt retired.

Granny settled herself beside me. She smoothened my hair and tucked a few strands behind my ears. "Honey don't lose your heart. Seokwook was already in his senescence period. This was supposed to happen sooner on later."

"But why this soon? Why did he have to abandon us this soon? Why?" My lips trembled to speak each of the words.

Granny took my hands in her's. She rubbed the back of my palms. Her skin was warm, delicate and soft just like some young toddler's. Her beauty was never lost with ageing. Those light brown iris that studied me, had a kind scent of warmth and trying their best not to give up hiding their broken emotions before me.

"Maybe this was our destiny. We can't change our fate. So we must accept what we still have with us left instead of reminiscing the loss of something."

"It was all my fault. If I wouldn't have accepted his date proposal or called him while he was on his way, nothing would have happened. You agree with me right?" I threw a crinkled glance at her. A drop of tear escaped my conjunctiva and topped on my hanbok.

"Absolutely not. You can't hold yourself responsible for this at all. This was just an accident."

"No," I whined, "It's all because of me. I killed him."

Granny pulled me into her motherly embrace. She caressed my back as she assured me, "No you are not. Stop this, or your grandpa won't get his peace of mind. Remember he's watching you. He is watching us. He won't be happy to see you in this condition "

I couldn't talk anymore. The words diffused in my pharynx prior to spelling out of the mouth. I just sobbed in her locked softness, burying my face into her shoulder.

A few minutes later, she calmed me down. I was still stuck to her. I kind of didn't feel like leaving her yet. It was too painful to see her beautiful brown eyes damped in tears. So I closed my eyes and hugged her as tight as I could.

She snivelled, "Alright now eat something. Come on."

I pulled back and saw Euntak standing with a tray in hand.

"Let's finish with your meals first."

She fed me chicken stew and sandwiches. A decent yet delicate snack. I slurped the soup, it was delicious to taste. Aust is a great cook so as always I finished it all. Thus my hunger strike was put to an end.

***

For the next couple of days, I remained quieter than before. I maintained a distance from everyone just because I was internally mourning the loss of my grandpa. I wanted to stay alone, stay away from everybody so that I won't end up hurting anybody with the slightest absence of my mind.

On the third day after the funeral, I was as usual writing on a prescription pad with my patients in the opposite.

"Here. Take these and if any emergency arises contact me on the given number."

"Thank you, doctor."

They gestured and left. I rested my back on the chair and my phone buzzed.

"Yeah. Taehyung."

"Hey what's wrong with you? You haven't been talking to me, not even a single text and what rubbish are you uploading on your media platforms!?"

"Posts? I hardly remember when I did that last time."

"I guess you need to see a psychologist. Didn't you upload the picture in which you are being featured as getting facial surgery? By the way, when did you even do that?"

I went completely blank. What is up with this cosmetic surgery? Who wants to insist that I-wait I didn't post anything since the past three weeks I guess. And he's talking about the last day?

"Hey! Are you-"

I cut the call and tapped open my Instagram page. It gave me a death shock of my life. The most recent post showed me lying on a hospital bed, my face being operated on by some doctor who had tweezers and needles in his hands.

Who is this? I haven't visited this app ever since the past weekend! Well, at least not the last day when it was posted. And the picture was purely edited though it was hard to differentiate but yes. I was pretty sure that my account was hacked.

I knew the truth. I knew that it wasn't me. My uncle and aunt know that it wasn't me. Granny know that as well. But not the public. Not yet.

And probably I knew its impact. Already the followers' quota had started declining followed by all sorts of hate comments, abuses.

I came to know what a devastating effect that tiny post had caused when I stepped out of my cabin and was in the lobby.

============
[UNEDITED]
Here's the next part. I love you all Infinite!! Purple ya!

~KimG