XVIII: Interview?

"Me? Ah okay

"Me? Ah okay." I followed the clerk and ended up in the live conference hall.

I ambled to the podium in front of the microphones. The rest of the doctors also plodded in. The senior doctors accompanied me on the dais whereas the others perched on their respective seats.

I took a deep breath. "Start."

The first reporter broke, "Bagsanim, we heard about her worsening conditions. How's she now?"

"She's absolutely alright. She has been shifted to the ICU," I answered confidently.

Another journalist popped up. "When can we take her interview?"

"Now she needs complete bed rest for the next few hours. After that only the police authorities are allowed to talk to her. She is not fit for a hustling interview at the moment."

"Why did she face this type of scandal?"

"That does not fall under my visions. You may ask the inspectors when they get with it," I announced. Geez, how would I know about this?

"So was the condition of her face too critical?"

"Bagsanim Ko will explain this. Bagsanim please step on." I acquired his previous position as he started his clarifications.

The camera lights flashed on our profiles bleaching my eyes. The pressmen were busy taking down notes of the speeches. Yet despite all that, my brain was hovering over something.

Is this a taste of her own medicine? Otherwise, why would somebody take such a ridiculous venture against her? What will the miscreant get in return?

***

After the meeting, I trotted back to my chamber. The thoughts of the weird conflict were still bothering me. I tried to shake away the opinions by drinking some water. I grabbed the glass firmly and gulped down its contents.

At the same moment, Ara marched in. "Bagsanim, Yura is back to her senses."

I stomped back the glass and strolled out with her. Reaching the intensive care unit, I saw Yura lying on the bed. Her eyes remained open constantly. No blinking, no flipping, no movement. Absolutely still. Bandages were stuck at almost all portions of her face and neck.

"Anneyong Lee Yura."

The young adult rotated her skull towards me. Her brows cocked into a slight frown.

"You, I've seen you somewhere. Oh, aren't you Raehee? We're friends on Tiktok."

"Yep, that's me. How do you feel now?"

"Better. So you're my surgeon?"

"Ye I was the lead surgeon in the OT. Your plastic surgery has been performed by Bagsanim Ko though."

"Hmm thank you all so much. I mean it."

"Alright. Thank us later. First tell me, how did this happen to you?"

Yura removed her gaze to the ceiling. Her pupils were shaking.

Flashback...

A quirky man in a black jacket ambled inside Lee Yura's space. She was sleeping peacefully on her bed. Her body was covered under the blanket but her visage laid bare.

The vinile structure extracted out a syringe from his jeans archive. He filled up the tube with a dosage of anaesthesia and injected it into the arm of the brunette headed female. Her sleep intensity got rapted all the more and that added fuel to his malicious deeds.

He withdrew a bottle of bromine liquid and spilt it on her face. The solution scampered through her nooks, following the curves and strewed upon her whole features till her neck region. The moisture slightly reacted with her skin, destroying the upper epidermis at some parts whereas producing acne on the other patches.

The guy unveiled a fiendish smirk for his success as he put back the mask and trotted outside.

Back to normal...

Lee Yura's lips trembled and her eyes flashed an unknown terrible fear.

"It was him. I don't know him. Neither did I see his face. It was too dark to identify his features. I couldn't even see him for long. The moment I opened my eyes, I saw him pushing some syringe into me and then I don't remember."

I cocked my brows into a frown. "Uh didn't you notice something different in him? Some clues to recognise him? Something different from others?"

Yura slid her head sideways as a tear droplet trickled down her temple.

"Okay don't worry. Now take rest."

"We need to talk with Miss Lee Yura," spoke an unforeseen voice.

I darted in the direction of the door frame. It was two senior officers who probably wanted to take Yura's statements. They strolled in and stood before my eyes. I froze at my position.

"So can we bagsanim? I guess she's fit to answer a few questions."

"Err sure why not. But please don't make her too excited cuz her heart isn't that strong yet. Kindly keep that as a priority point."

"Of course. Please leave us alone for some time."

I nodded and left. My mind was busy searching for the ultimate answers. These types of cases have never been heard before. Like somebody enters a house to ruin somebody's face. It's totally immature and unbelievable.

***

Returning to my ward, I wondered over this calumny. I walked to and fro in the room. However a moment later, out of the blue, there was a knock on the door.

"Yeah who's it? Come in."

Two figures barged in.

"We need to talk bagsanim."

===========

Here's the next part. Hope you are enjoying. Thank you for reading. Love you all. Purple ya!💜